Thursday Night

Bright lived in a house in a densely wooded area situated on a lake on the outskirts of the city. The design of the house seemed to be an extension of the area itself. It was a darker patch of forestry and the walls and the windows were dark. Inside, the interior was dark gray and black. Dark hardwood floors, dark walls accentuated with wood and bronze tones. The finishings of the house decked in similar colors with wood and natural greenery accents. The interior, exterior, and surrounding forest area all seemed to blend into one design, both rugged and modern.

 The interior, exterior, and surrounding forest area all seemed to blend into one design, both rugged and modern

     Bright led Win into the house and flicked a switch on, bathing them in a golden glow of light, "Wow, this is amazing," Win whistled in appreciation as he looked around

     Bright smiled at Win's reaction, "Thanks, it's my haven, my safe space."

     Win continued to look around, taking in the details of the house, "I can see that. My condo is modern too, but it's just kind of blandly white and clean with sharp lines, yours has depth and imagination. This is really beautiful."

     Bright loved that Win loved his place so emphatically, being unable to keep the imagination of Bright's house someday becoming their home from trickling through his head, "I'm glad you like it. You are one of the very few who have seen it."

     Win raised an eyebrow, "Really? I mean, I know you said you weren't one for one night stands, but I still would have thought ex-girlfriends or friends or something."

     Bright just shook his head, "Not really, I had this place built a couple of years ago after my last relationship ended, and as I said earlier, I'm not into one-night stands and even if I were, I wouldn't bring them to my safe space. The only people who have been here are my mother, my interior designer, my housekeeper, and Tess, and since you've met Tess, I'm pretty sure I don't have to convince you she is only my secretary."

     Win laughed, "Why would you need to convince me?" He asked in more of a hypothetical way than a curiosity, before he added, "I'm honored that you brought me here, since it's that personal to you. To trust me that much this quick, I really appreciate everything."

     Bright shrugged, trying to hide how affected he was by Win's sentiments, "It's really nothing, Win. If you want, your bedroom is this way and there is a shower in there, if you wanted to take one. We could watch a movie or something after you get comfortable," he said, leading Win to the spare bedroom.