Monday

Bright Vachirawit Chivaaree sighed

     Bright Vachirawit Chivaaree sighed. As the CEO of Chivaaree Corporations, there are two weeks out of the year that are absolute torture. One is inventory week, and the other is audit week. Production crawls to a snail's pace as employees rush about gathering numbers, figures, counts and processes. The two weeks have outside teams that come in. The team for inventory aids in the counts. For audit week, it's the auditing team that comes to do a thorough check into the company's input, output, and processes and works with the company to investigate any inconsistencies.

     Of course, Bright understands the purpose of both weeks. They are just tedious. The production comes to a near standstill as the employees have to spend time going over data with the auditing team instead of the normal toil of the business. Not only that, but the overtime hours are grueling and staring at numbers and codes for hours on end gives him a headache.

     For the Chivaaree Corporation, the inventory week had already passed. Now, just a few weeks later, the audit team is scheduled to come in. Bright has no issue with the audit team. In fact, the head of the team, Guy, is an elderly gentleman that Bright looks forward to seeing each year. The elder is funny, intelligent, and always has great stories to tell to help pass the time. He also has a great sense of business and family and is the kind of businessman and eventual family man that Bright hopes to be someday. Bright was one of those terminally single people that hoped to have a family one day, but never really found the time for dating and the few ventures he'd had were lackluster and ended in disappointment, so hoping and having were two very different things in his case.

     Bright had gotten to the office early that Monday morning hoping to get as much regular business accomplished as possible before Guy and his team showed up. He was at his desk signing papers when his secretary popped her head in, "Sir, the audit team is here," she informed him.

     Bright nodded his head, "Thank you Tess," he replied as he gathered his papers up and straightened his shirt and tie to welcome the team. When he reached the lobby, he automatically scanned the group for Guy, but did not see him. The rest of the team were familiar faces from the previous year. Except one new employee who stood a head above the rest of his team. The way the team held themselves around the taller youth made it obvious that, although Bright had never met him before and despite his obvious youth, he was the head of the team.