__________

Summer was sat in her room, she couldn't help but think about Ellie. She decided to do what she always did when she felt sad. Sing.

Baby blue staring in the window pain
Just counting drops of rain
Wondering if she's got the guts to take it
Running down her dreams in her dirty dress
Now her hearts a mess
Praying she will find a way to make it

So keep on climbing though the ground might shake
Just keep on reaching though the limb might break
We've come this far don't you be scared now
'Cause you can learn to fly
On the way down

Searching for a sign in the night even like a lonely string of light
That'll burn just long enough for you to see it
The roads been long and lonely, and you feel like giving up
There's more to this then just the breath you're breathing

So keep on climbing though the ground might shake
Just keep on reaching though the limb might break
We've come this far don't you be scared now
'Cause you can learn to fly
On the way down

You won't forget the heavy steps it took to let it go
Close your eyes, count to ten, hold your breath and fly

Keep on climbing though the ground might shake
Just keep on reaching though the limb might break
We've come this far don't you be scared now
'Cause you can learn to fly
On the way down

Fly

"Hey." Summer turns to see Nini stood in the doorway.
"Hey." Summer replies looking down.
"Ricky just called me freaking out." Nini says with a laugh as she walks over and sits on the bed next to Summer.
"Why would he do that?" Summer asks looking back up at her.
"You didn't call him when you got back." Nini answers with a laugh.
"Shit, I completely forgot about that." Summer says.
"I told him you were here." Nini tells her. "That song, did you write it yourself?"
"Just sang what came to my mind." Summer answers.
"It was good." Nini tells her. "So, there's a party at Ashlyn's tomorrow."
"I hope you have fun." Summer tells her.
"Uh, you're going to." Nini tells her.
"Nin, I really don't feel up to going to a party right now." Summer admits.
"Just think about it. Okay?" Nini says. "Please."
"Fine. I'll think about it." Summer says.
"Yes!" Nini cheers. "Oh yeah, by the way. Dinner's ready."
"I didn't hear you mom shout." Summer says.
"Well, that's kind of the reason I came up here, but I forgot about it until now." Nini says cautiously.
"Nini!" Summer says nudging her with her shoulder.
"I'm sorry." Nini says.
Summer shakes her head laughing before the two girls go down for dinner.

__________

It was thanksgiving day, it was 7:30 and Summer decided to go to Ricky's. She walked round the back seeing him in the kitchen through the window. She knocks and Ricky signals for her to come in.
"Hey." Summer says.
"Hey Sum." Ricky says.
"Thought I would pop by and see you before you go to Ashlyn's party." Summer says.
"What do you mean before 'You' go to Ashlyn's party?" Ricky asks.
"I'm not going." Summer tells him.
"Correction you ARE going. Because I need you there." Ricky says before sighing.
"Rick? What's wrong?" Summer asks going over to him.
"It's nothing." Ricky says shaking his head.
"It's obviously not nothing." Summer says jumping up to sit on the counter beside where he was leaning against it. She grabs his hand. "Come on, you can talk to me."
"I think my mom might have a new boyfriend." Ricky says.
"Oh, Ricky." Summer says squeezing his hand before turning him towards her, hugging him. "I'm so sorry."
"It's okay." Ricky whispers hugging her back. They pull apart and look at each other. They both snap out of their trances as the door bell rings. "I should get that."
Ricky walks away before coming back a few moments later with Gina.
"Hi, G." Summer says.
"Hey Sum. I stopped by Nini's but she told me you were here." Gina replies. "Thought I could walk you both to Ashlyn's, but it's kinda freezing outside. So I made you both these hats." Gina pulls out a red hat and a blue hat from her bag.
"You made this?" Ricky asks as Gina hands him the red one and Summer the blue one.
"I mean, you spend enough time alone in the house and you pick up all sorts of crafts on Youtube." Gina says.
"Uh, yeah." Ricky says. "Sorry, can I meet you there?"
"Is everything okay?" Gina asks.
"Yeah, yep." Ricky says causing both girls to give him a look. "Okay, no. I guess my mom has a new boyfriend and it's just a lot. Sorry. I hate to be a downer."
"You're not a downer at all, Rick." Summer says.
"Look, I- I get it." Gina tells him.
"No offence, but I'm not sure you do." Ricky says.
"Let me guess. You made at everyone and everything because just when you're getting used to things changing, they change again." Gina says. "Am I close?"
"A little bit." Ricky says.
"Not just a hat rack my friend." Gina says.
"Who told you about..." Ricky starts.
"Ricky, I'm not sure you notice, but, um, my family's just me and my mom." Gina says. "She works at FEMA, so we basically move whenever disaster strikes. I've had a few feelings in my life."
"Yeah, no. Of course. I'm sorry." Ricky says.
"Don't worry. I'm just saying you just got to ignore it and push through." Gina says.
"Think I should, like, text her Happy Thanksgiving, or something?" Ricky asks.
"If you want to, Rick." Summer says. "But what I think we should do now, is go to the party and spend a few hours being drama dorks like the good lord intended."
"Give me that hat." Ricky says.
Summer smiles as she pulls the hat on all the way, it was to big so it goes over her eyes.
"How do I look?" Summer asks.
"They're too big." Gina says laughing as Ricky walks over pulling the hat back slightly so Summer could see.
She let's out a small giggle when she sees Ricky in his hat. They once again get caught staring into each other's eyes for a moment
"We'll grow into them." Ricky says as they snap out of it.
Ricky grabs Summer's waist lifting her off the counter.
"Okay, uhm... I mean they kind of work." Gina says.
The trio laugh as they leave the house.