Chapter 5.5: Fake

Start from the beginning

You: Okay. What about Mizuki?

Kurumi: No updates after losing contact about 500 meters out. The museum entrance faces the department's door corridor so I'll use the buildings camera to confirm. Y/n, start heading towards the exit and be on the look out with a naked eye.

I start speeding up but Kurumi stops me.

Kurumi: Hold on a minute!

You: Huh?

I stop walking and just listen on the earpiece.

Kurumi: Mizuki got a hidden transmitter onto Jin! She gave us this info with the cost of her life!

You: Uh...

Mika: We can't confirm if she's dead yet.

Kurumi: He's at the museum now.

I take out my gun from my bag and wait for orders from Kurumi. I close my eyes and try to catch a scent.

You: Is he outside, or inside? (sniff) (Wait a second...)

I smell the Bad Guy odor nearby and it gets stronger by the second. Once it becomes clear, I smell it coming from behind me.

Kurumi: Y/n, he's behind-

You: Shit!

My nose smells the Danger Smell, which is identified as Spicy. The spice meter for this smell is Hot. The danger smell hits my nose from behind and my body immediately ducks down, dodging a bullet that Jin shot at me. I open my eyes, run back, turn around and start shooting him. I noticed he put his arm up and my bullets ricocheted off of his jacket. He starts making a run for it but I began chasing him, making sure the Bad Guy Scent stays with me.

You: His coats bulletproof!

Kurumi: Keep leading him away from Chisato.

Even though he's faster than me, the scent is still strong. As long as it doesn't disappear, I'm good. I follow the scent and it leads me right at the roof.

As I search the roof, I'd expected the scent to still be far but as I run, the scent gets stronger.

Kurumi: He's behind the AC unit 15 meters ahead of you.

So, he stopped then. I look at all the AC units in front of me and noticed his jacket sticking out a bit from one of the units. Instead of going up to him head on, I go around all the other AC units until I reach the row that he's in.

I quickly turn the corner and aim down at him. But I'm shocked to see that it's not Jin, he just left his coat lying on a pipe.

You: Shit, Jin left his coat hanging, he's not here!

Kurumi: This is not good.

You: Don't worry, I can find him.

I go to his coat, being cautious as I do. I grab his coat, close my eyes and hold it up to my nose.

You: (I hate how weird this is...) (Inhale)

Once I get enough, my nose twitches and I open my eyes. I now have his specific scent and his trail is now visible. I drop the coat and follow the trail.

(Chisato's POV)

I turn around, away from Mr. Matsushita, to talk to Mika on the earpiece. He told me that Mizuki is safe and coming to get Mr. Matsushita and I and that Y/n is pursuing Jin at the moment. I turn back around to Mr. Matsushita and he's gone.

Chisato: Huh?! M-Mr. Matsushita?!

I get worried. I call for Mr. Matsushita but he doesn't answer or come to me. I get even more worried and start to run around, calling for Mr. Matsushita as I do.