36

Get Busy by Sean Paul filled her headphones as she swung her hips, wearing an oversized black shirt that said save a horse, ride a cowboy on the front, a pair of gray leggings and black fuzzy socks, making her way to Beth's room. The day had ended on a high note, treating Ryan to dinner after Travis had left, then spending the rest of the money at the arcade. Her curly hair was loose, bouncing with nearly every move she made, spinning around while continuing to dance her way to the bathroom of Beth's room. A chuckle emitted from the older sister at the sight of her, faintly hearing the music leaking through the headphones, which meant that Baby was in her own world and having the time of her life. There was always a time where she would bug her older sister -- calling her when she was in Salt Lake just to make her laugh, dancing around her when she was home -- all just to put a smile on her face.

Baby froze mid-move as the song ended, her playlist being on shuffle, a bright smile forming on her lips when her favorite song came on. Big & Rich's Save A Horse (Ride A Cowboy). A light laugh emitted from Beth as she continued to dance, this time out of the bathroom and the room. She broke out into a run, sliding on the floor with her fuzzy socks, a smirk forming on her lips when she passed her father's closed bedroom door. She knocked first, of course, opening it and moonwalking in the room, spinning around, an amused smile forming on John's lips when he saw her.

"Having fun?!" raising his voice to the volume of her music

"Hell yeah" she smiled, striking a pose like Michael Jackson

She lowered her music just as a chuckle emitted from him, pausing the song as she made her way over to him, removing her headphones and placing them around her neck,

"Whatcha doing?" sitting down next to him

"Not much" he replied, adjusting his glasses "just looking at the history"

"God, look at my hair" picking up her baby picture, her curly hair sticking up in every which way

The memories of her childhood pictures was very faint, Beth was responsible for most of them, but the one picture Baby loved the most was of her and Lee. She was a baby in that picture, old enough to where she was able to keep her head up, Lee holding her as she was introduced to a horse, who had known to be gentle with the small human. Her little hands were on his nose as she looked at him with widened eyes, a sad smile forming on her lips when she saw it.

"Pretty sure that's the day I decided to be a cowboy" she said, picking up the picture

"You threw a fit when we tried to get you inside" John informed "only way we could was when you fell asleep" looking at her ". . that necklace, it's new?"

". . Yeah" honesty in her voice, setting the picture back down on the table "Ryan gave it to me" taking off her headphones from around her neck, allowing her to remove the necklace "we made it official, Daddy" showing him

Before John could say anything, his bedroom door slammed open, Beth walking inside, pulling Jamie by his hair,

"You tell them" she said "tell them you little fuck, you tell them!" shoving him to the ground

Baby put her necklace back on as she stood, John standing as well, walking over to them as Beth grabbed Jamie's hair once more,

"You tell them!" forcing him up

"I think I can take it from here, Beth" John said

Whimpering emitted from Jamie, the woman shoving him as she released her hold on his hair,

"What do you have to tell me?" John asked, his hands on his hips as Jamie sobbed "what did you do this time?"

"Tell them you motherfucking mutt!" Beth ordered, hitting the man on his knees

"Beth!" gaining her attention "I can take it from here" the daughter kicking Jamie in the ass as John grabbed his arm, bringing him to his feet "go wait outside"

"Don't you let him Jamie his way out of this" she said, walking backwards to the door as Jamie was sat in a chair "okay, Dad? Baby, once he tells you, you come find me so I can make sure he told you the truth"

Baby had never seen that kind of anger on her face as she walked out, the door slamming shut, which caused the two to turn to Jamie, the woman crossing her arms.

". . For a woman who had mastered the art of mad, I can't say I've ever seen her that angry" John said, walking over to him, sitting on the arm of the chair across from him "so tell me, Jamie . ." grabbing his glass of bourbon "what did you do to scare the only person I know who doesn't get scared?" raising the glass and taking a drink

Jamie lowered his head as sobs emitted from him, Baby flinching slightly when John suddenly threw the glass against the side place, causing it to shatter on impact and the remaining liquid to splash out. John stood straight as Jamie forced himself to look at him,

"What the fuck did you do to me?" He asked, looking down at him

He looked toward Baby, almost as if he was begging her to help him out, but her expression didn't change, walking over to their father and standing behind the chair, keeping her arms crossed. She didn't have to say a word, Jamie knowing that she would stand with her father, no matter what happened. Beth was never that angry, or scared for that matter. So whatever Jamie did, had to have been bad in order to get that kind of reaction.

"Jamie . ." looking at him, her voice dangerously calm "what the fuck did you do?"