Chapter 17: The Search Begins

{Y/n POV}

Looking back, I should have created a contingency in case things like this happened. To my defense, I never expected for the Gray Serpent to be this prepared in case I gave him the fake stuff. Wind kept on blowing from my right side, causing the hooded figure cape to swing from the right side, revealing the face in the process. It's a girl, a woman with light gray short hair, her pink eyes gazes through the darkness of the night as she pulled the string to start the chase. When I meant string, I meant literal string.

She seems familiar... I've met her somewhere, haven't I? I'll think about that later, for now, I'll focus on escaping them. That may have been impossible, but that's for random normal deal taker, me? I've been the mouse regarding a cat and mouse chase for a while now.

I dropped some small gray balls onto the ground. The moment it made contact with the cold street, a blast of smoke blow out, covering my entire existence, causing the mechs to look around with their heat vision. The hooded figure let go of the string the moment a glimpse of smoke appeared, guess what? She missed. 

Let's go now. Slowly but precisely, I took out one of the mechs while looking out for any shots of arrow. The blade that I used got stuck at the mech, so I left it, since there's not time for me to get going and take the blade back. Upon having an obstacle removed, I ran as fast as I could, passing the night streets and being one with the crowds.

Just as I thought I lost her, another arrow struck right before my very eyes, piercing through my left torso as if it was butter. It hurts as much as being shot by a bullet, but there's no time to be whining. I calmly adjust myself and adapt with the pain as the crowds disappeared. Mechs came from every side as the hooded figure prepares to fire another shot. 

I'm done. There's no other way to get out of this situation, that is, in my current situation. If only I had my battlesuit and gears ready, this is a no problem. 

{Rita Rossweisse POV}

"Hm~ Seems like Master Y/n is having quite the problem." I spoke calmly as I watch him suffer being cornered.

"What should I do?"

"Lend him a hand." Otto spoke from the intercom.

"Are you sure? He's currently not on our side, though."

"You could do it indirectly. He's vital for our next plan." He spoke.

"Alright. I suppose I could lend him one of these."

I said. I pulled out a prototype of a weapon called MK-2 Buster. It's not done nor is it ready to be used, but I supposed it's better than nothing. I was planning on using this as a contingency in case I need to escape, but seems like fate have another plan.

I threw the prototype and disappear right as it reaches him.

{Y/n POV}

What's that? A particular object fell from the sky as I grab onto it and firmly activate it. It began to open up, revealing a weapon looking like a gun with a core containing photon energy. At a glance, it may seem like a normal weapon, but from my experience, things like this might as well be a prototype and someone might be letting me try it to see how it has done. Very well, I have no other choice then. 

Right at the head I was aiming, an entire laser beam gathered at the center of the hole as a ball, ready to be shot out any second now. Pew! Something that sounds like that came out, shooting the very head of the mech, leaving a hole as it fell on it's knees.

"This is too good to be a prototype."

One of the mech launches missiles from it's back, flying toward my direction as I used the other mech as a cover, letting myself live. I mean, of course I live, I wouldn't die this easy. After the barrage of attacks stop, another barrage of attacks, in the form of arrows began showering me continuously without stopping. As I was about to get shot, I throw use Providence's power to launch the mech toward the hooded figure, causing her to back of as I finish the last mech by striking it's guts with the same power. I'm trying to limit the use of Herrscher power since I don't know what would happen if I kept on using it.