Chapter 36: Titans

Start from the beginning

His scimitars could cut through its hide, but they weren't big enough to deal critical damage. He could hit it with an Ion blast, but he knew from experience that that wouldn't do much, and he couldn't use a full powered attack without risking collateral damage to the city. The only thing that could work... would be his original form. But how do I use it? CAN I even use it? He should be able to. It was part of him, but the question remained: how can he activate it?

"Saphron!"

The shout tore him from his thoughts, and Sincline increased his speed, transforming into a streak of energy as the Alpha Leviathan brought its arm down, Sincline's mind focused on one thing: protect Saphron.

As pure DETERMINATION flashed through his mind, Sincline fought back a gasp as his core seemed to shrink... then explode, rupturing as a tidal wave of ice washed through his veins. It was almost painful... but it was calling to him. Trusting his instincts, Sincline reached into his core, and a wave of pure energy erupted from his body.

Across the city, the temperature plummeted, and a massive weight dropped on everyone's shoulders. Civilians and Grimm alike shivered and shielded their eyes as light flashed across the city and three massive ships significantly larger than a Bullhead arced upward, each one shimmering with a purple, blue, and white aura.

A flash of light, and Sincline's tertiary ship shot upward, its midsection bending downward. At the same time, his primary ship lowered on top and, with a flash of blue and purple lightning, fused with it, its 'arms' rotating. A shockwave, and Sincline's secondary ship curved upward, its midsection rotating as its back fused with the 'torso' of Sincline's tertiary vessel. The shoulder plates disengaged, rising upward as Sincline's clawed hands spiraled out of his wrists, snapping into position with a harsh crack. With a spray of glowing sparks, Sincline's 'head' rose, and the 'jaw' snapped down, his visor lifting as his eyes burst into twin slits of flaming purple energy. His eyes flashed, and Sincline crossed his arms before bringing them down, light flaring across the sky as Sincline exploded into his original size and form, twin shockwaves in the form of an X bursting from his body.

With Saphron

Saphron raised an arm, bracing for impact... and a burst of light caught her eye seconds before a roar of what she thought was thunder echoed across the city. What the—where did that come from? she wondered, looking up... and that's when she saw what she thought was a glowing comet of purple light arcing toward them. "What the—?!"

Sensing the incoming danger, the Alpha Leviathan looked up... and that's when an armored fist slammed into the titanic Grimm's skull, throwing the massive Grimm to the ground. With a horrible crack of steel on bone, a brilliant shockwave ripped across the city, flattening several houses as smoke and debris were flung away from them, the ground cratering as the very earth was blasted back.