Giant Change

Rochester was indeed an adorable town. Suburbs took a good chunk of the land, town square had diners, coffee shops, and post offices. Next to the town square was the shopping district. Slightly larger, clothing stores, malls, bookstores, and more popular restaurants. The school Noah attended, Rochester High School, was redone and crafted into a better-looking structure than the old ugly building. The school grew a reputation for its soccer teams earning them a huge new field. 

Noah grew incredibly excited picturing taking Carlos and showing him around. He planned tomorrow's day out. First, he would show Carlos the best coffee place, next to the mall and the endless shops! Lastly, he takes Carlos to a restaurant! A fun day, just Noah and Carlos!

The car came to a stop, there was one floor, a small front lawn, and a cement driveway. A fence formed a massive square separating the other houses. "Home sweet home!" Ben said and got out first.

"Stupid....door..." Carlos struggled to find the overcomplicated handle.

"Wait-wait, let me help."Ben noticed and opened the door. "Don't worry, these hands are a pain in the ass."

"Thanks," Carols blushed. "I agree, whoever invited such mechanics is truly wicked."

Noah tried to slide out, but Ben and Carlos blocked his path. "Guys, excuse me."

"You have a lovely house, Ben," Carlos said.

"Thanks...it's nothing special." Ben shut the door and pressed the lock button. He not once moved his eyes off Carlos.

"Ben! The door's locked!" Noah called out.

"I disagree, I've seen beautiful homes and mansions and yours rivals those." The older men kept chatting. They both headed indoors.

"Seriously?!" Noah pouted, he crawled forward and face-planted the steering. The car honked and Ben did a full 360.

"Noah! Quit playing!" He shouted.

"Shut up...." Noah mouthed to himself. He pressed a button and escaped. The warm summer heat slammed him, he despise the humid weather and sweated simply by being stranded. He barely can breathe during this awful heat. Ben often tells him to get over it. Noah pictured starting soccer practice and dropped dead after being exhausted. He imagined the headline saying: BREAKING NEWS! TEEN BOY DROPS DEAD PLAYING SOCCER! SOURCES SAY HE SHOULD HAVE SHAKEN IT OFF!

"Head inside, I need to see if the soccer outfit fits," Ben said.

"Soccer?" Carlos said.

"Yeah Carlos, soccer's a stupid sport Ben making me play."

"Soccer isn't stupid, stop acting like a brat." Ben got behind Noah and forced his brother to keep walking.

"How about you quit acting like a dick." Shit.

"Go. Now." Ben pushed open the entrance. "Stay in your room. I don't feel like dealing with you tonight."

Those words were painful. Noah knew he was behaving childish, he just forgot how badly he was ruining Ben's life.

"Okay, I'm sorry Ben."

"Goodnight, Noah."

"Love you...."

"I said goodnight."

I hate him...I hate him...wish Mom and Dad were here....mom would've taken me and kissed my forehead. Dad would've hugged me, say I'm his best bud and love me. Ben isn't them, he will never be them.

Noah went inside his room, his eyes watered and tears flowed down his cheeks. His room was the smallest: blue-painted walls, a large full bookshelf, a long red clothes stand, and a small flat tv on top. He had a private bathroom, even smaller than what one would picture. The toilet and shower were practically connected and the sink pushed the limits of staying together. Ben's room is across the hallway, his room was always bigger and originally their parents. It was neater, and always shut. Noah won't lie and say he's used Ben's bathroom when his brother wasn't home. The bathroom is similar to a five-star resort.