Unexpected Birthday Gift

Castle Titan roared uncontrollably: men belted tunes, maidens screaming over gossip, children sobbing about wanting desserts, and musicians fingers gliding across strings to bring melody alive. The great room also called Dragon Jaw. The floor glimmered in brown marble and walls stained an ocean sand shade. Banners hung off pillars standing tall and golden crystal windows were brighter than the morning sun.

For such beautiful decorations were  absolutely needed for a celebration. Not just any celebration, but King Nash's son birthday. King Nash raised two children: Prince Carlos and Princess Anna. It was law that the  entire kingdom came together whenever a royal turned 25 years old , and danced, drank and ate till their body's could no long handle such excitement. Yet, the crowed kept going and roaring:

"LONG LIVE KING NASH!"

"LONG LIVE PRINCE CARLOS!"

"LONG LIVE PRINCESS ANNA!"

Though she wasn't the main event, 18 year old Anna hated hearing her name shouted whether her father or a gigantic crowd. The young princess wasn't a party person, but still made herself look strong and powerful sitting on a throne right to her fathers and bother. Speaking of, she didn't throw the event nor the main honor, but she's the only royal member who's actually in attendance. Anna's father, Nash, ventured off somewhere 30 minutes ago and the birthday boy, Carlos, was nowhere around.

"Oh! Sir Arron!" Anna called once a knight skipped past her sight. The knight twirled around and held two empty wine bottles.

"Aye...the Strawberry." He hiccuped and bowed. He almost tipped over and fell face first.

Strawberry...ugh! Carlos started the nickname since he said her red flowing hair and scarlet dress resembled the fruit. Her head shook and ignored the man's statement.

"Have you seen Carlos?" She shouted over hollering drunks.

"No...sorry my princess....I'll check the wine cellar..."

No wait—and he's gone..." Anna exhaled. She'll have to do it all herself. The young princess stepped from her throne gracefully.

"LONG LIVE PRINCESS ANNA!" Few men shouted as they inhaled meat and rolls.

Anna ignored and kept moving forward till finding a young woman who handed out desserts. The cupcakes were smothered in chocolate ,and beautiful icing that swirled upwards.

"OH! Lady Beth, have you seen my brother?"

"Hmm?" The old baker hummed. "Sorry dear, nobody has seen. Perhaps he and the king are attending to other important duties?"

"My father would rather be burned at the stake than miss a party." The younger woman chuckled. "Carlos however, he's most likely avoiding me, but thanks anyways Beth."

If he was avoiding her, she was going to find him.

***********************************
"Sir, what's that?"

"My daddy said bread sales are too high!"

"I ate too much cookies..."

"Carlooooooos, you're moving too fast!"

What surprised many folks is Carol's love towards his people and genuine kindness he shares. He always enjoyed sneaking off, meeting and chatting with random citizens. The prince would listen, hear what needs done and offer aid wherever needed. Yet, Carlos absolutely adored hanging out with the kids. He's naturally always had a big bother vibe. Carlos took care of Anna whenever she fell ill, comfort her tears after their mother died, or taught her reading skills. The prince took much after his mother: smart, wise, and even shared her smooth tan skin, brown eyes, and messy curly hair. Though he did also match his fathers tall height and muscular build. If one was a newcomer, the they would fear Carlos as a giant brute, but the man is the gentlest and nicest prince.