6: An Adventure With The Prince

Start from the beginning

(Y/n) placed a hand on her hip. "Well, I am an outsider, and I'd be happy to show you some nearby sights that you couldn't see outside the Domain. I may not be as well traveled as Hyrule's number one swordsman, but I'd be happy to share what I have seen to you." She smiled.

Sidon perked up with a bright grin. "Really?"

(Y/n) then found her other hand being shaken with much gusto by a chirpy Sidon, which made her head bob up and down just from the sheer enthusiasm of the handshake.

"Thank you so much!" He chuckled, really looking ecstatic at the prospect of seeing other things he never had the opportunity to.

"Y-You're welcome!" (Y/n) laughed softly, before she caught in the corner of her eye something that may interest Sidon.

"Speaking of which, look what we have here!" She pointed to a peculiar purple plant, to which Sidon had his intrigue piqued by.

"An Armoranth, a kind of special plant that if you cook it up, your body gets a temporary stronger defense. Especially good in our case, since we have no idea for how long we will be out on this little adventure." (Y/n) explained, before plucking the plant, handing it over to Sidon to investigate with curious, golden eyes.

"Have a feel at it. In this state, it's tough as nails, and if you tried to eat it, you'd break your teeth." (Y/n) giggled as Sidon ran a hand over it. "...You're right. It feels like metal." He then knocked a hand against the tough plant, only to hear a light ding in response. "But if it's tough in this state... How does that change if you cook it?"

"Simple. Cooking it softens the fibers, and brings out the defense effect of the plant. Think of it like how swift violets make you faster when you cook them." (Y/n) explained, as Sidon nodded softly in response. "Of course. Still incredible how merely cooking it could soften it by that much... Does it taste bad?" He asked.

"Not if you cook it with some spices, no, and you're in luck, because I brought with me plenty of spices." (Y/n) beamed proudly, as Sidon was then tucking the plant they obtained into the pack designated as their food pack. Due to this task they were given, they packed for every occasion, since it's always best to be over prepared than not, especially out in the wild.

"I am glad that I am on this expedition with you, (Y/n). It's funny, it feels as if the teacher role is being reversed." Sidon lightly joked, which made (Y/n) wink playfully at him. "I do try." She giggled, which made the both of them laugh.

Looking ahead, (Y/n) then caught sight of a familiar plume pattern of smoke, causing her to beam with delight.

"And another new sight for you, Sidon! Up ahead is a stable!" (Y/n) pointed, before she was then running to the back of the wagon they had built for their journey. "Grab the front, and let's go!" She encouraged with a grin.

Sidon chuckled softly at just how enthused (Y/n) was to show him more new sights, and he had to admit, he was just as excited to see them. Grabbing the handles to the front of the wagon, the two were then towing it along the path that headed towards the stable. To anyone watching them tow the wagon, it was quite the comical sight just how enthusiastic the two of them were. To anyone who didn't know any better, they would think the two were lovers, by the way they were acting.

Just like she had experienced when on her trip to the Domain, the Hylians at the stable immediately eyed the two of them in wonder. Two grown Zora this far out from the Domain? It was definitely an unusual sight for them.

"Welcome to Woodland Stable! I have to admit, it is definitely the first time I have seen Zora this far out from the Domain. Are you merchants, perhaps?" The stablehand that ran the front of the stable asked, to which (Y/n) tilted her head. "Well, I am a merchant, but he is not. We are just on a... personal journey." She told the man, who nodded slowly in understanding.

This task they were given could be regarded as such. Besides, there was no need to cause alarm of the potential sightings of Evil Zora. From what she heard, at least, there was no one being harmed, so that was a plus. Perhaps these Evil Zora were not so evil, and there was another explanation just waiting to be found.

"I totally understand. After the end of the Calamity, I have been seeing a lot of couples around on their search of a retreat of sorts. We do have a pond here that you two are more than free to swim in." He offered, to which (Y/n) immediately tensed up, suddenly feeling a light fire coming onto her cheeks.

This man was mistaken! Very, very, much mistaken!

"Thank you for the offer, we will be sure to keep that in mind. May we put our wagon inside? We have walked quite a ways." Sidon merely smiled at the stablehand, much to (Y/n)'s shock.

Why was he not refuting the insinuation of the two being a couple?

Did he misunderstood the stablehand?

Did he... Not mind the insinuation?

After the stablehand agreed, and the two went to put the wagon inside, (Y/n) cleared her throat, not being able to look Sidon in the eye.

"Um, Sidon... You know that stablehand thinks we're a couple, right?..."

Sidon's eyes widened in surprise, his mouth going agape in shock. "He does?! I thought he was merely pointing out that he has seen a lot of couples. I didn't assume he was including us into that..." He turned his head away, his cheeks turning as red as his scales.

Great, she just had to make it awkward between the two of them! Of course Sidon didn't take note of that man's words in the same way she did!

She had to have a rein on this... infatuation of hers!

"S-Sorry, I just, um, mistook the stablehand's meaning. I think you were right." (Y/n) was quick to apologize, causing the prince to shake his head.

"No, it is very easy to make that assumption. After all, here we are with a wagon of our belongings, towing it together. It would only be logical to make that conclusion without knowing our reasons." Sidon told her.

"Y-Yeah... But it's not like we actually are a... couple..." (Y/n) bashfully murmured.

"Yeah..." Sidon smiled softly, running a shy hand over his head tail.

He is a prince, and she is a mere resident of the Domain. Even if they were a couple, Sidon knew the council would never approve, that he would only be able to marry a princess, as per the tradition of the royal family.

Sidon really was fond of (Y/n). She was very kind, and made him laugh a lot, especially during the swimming lessons he would give her at night. The way she would pout, and hit her hands against the lake's floor in frustration, grumbling a bunch of complaints in ways he had never heard of before...

In a strange way, it was quite adorable. It made him even more determined to help her succeed and learn to swim. She really had a lot of spirit.

She... Sure was something different. Something... different and refreshing in his life.

This was just the start of their journey. Would they be running into more misunderstandings like what had just happened with the stablehand? He hoped that wasn't the case, so (Y/n) wouldn't feel embarrassed.