71 Who is Dahlia? (2)

Start from the beginning

"Don't beat around the bush. Tell me what you mean clearly. Why do you want me to come? Who is going to be there?"

"What if I said Equinox will be there too? Will you still not come?" Julian smirked. He knew that out of all people, only one person's name could affect Victor. It was none other than his ex Equinox.

"Do you even know what you are saying? Equinox is dead. She can't come back on this earth again." Cassandra thought Julian was lying.  It was his way to hurt Victor. How could Equinox possibly be alive?

"Dead?" Julian laughed. "Even I thought the same thing before. But think about it, Ezen is back. Don't you think he will try his best to bring his sister back too? Come on, Victor you should have used your brain. Can't believe no one told you about this."

"Shut up!" Victor's face contorts with anger. Julian did many bad things but still, he forgave him. But bringing Equinox in a conversation was the last nail in the coffin. He couldn't stand him anymore. "Get out from here Julian."

"Fine. But don't forget to come. I'll be waiting."
Julian, wearing a smug face turn and heads towards the door.

When Julian went away, Cassandra came towards Victor and tried to console him. "Ignore everything he said. He might be lying. After all, lying is his profession now. Who knows maybe he is trying to manipulate you? Don't listen to him. forget everything."

"But think about it Cassy, what if he is right? What if Equinox is alive?" His voice trembled. "If she is alive then why did she never tried to meet me? Did she really not think about me once?"

Cassandra tried to hold back her tears. She always knew Victor loved Equinox. Even she loves him but in the end, it's just one sided. She can deal with her own heartbreak. But she can't see him in pain.

"If you have so many questions why not ask her?"

"What?" Was she applying on meeting her? Victor thought.

"Do you want to go there? I mean, there 90% chance that Julian is lying. But what if we trust the 10%?" Cassandra didn't know what happened between Equinox and him. But if meeting her will solve all his problems then what's wrong with it? "Victor, as your best friend. I care about you.
With that relation, I am telling you to take the chance." She held his hand. "What if she really is alive? Think about it carefully. You choose. Do you want to go?"

Cassandra's words hung in the air. He didn't know his mere revelation can break his heart into pieces. The mere thought of Equinox being alive stirred a tempest within him, a whirlwind of conflicting emotions. Waves of grief, longing, and trepidation crashed against the shores of his heart, threatening to consume him.

"Okay. Let's go in Julian's party." If there is a chance that she is alive. He is ready to take the chance. He really wanted to know what happened that time. Equinox came and didn't even meet him? Was everything they had together was fake? He wanted to hear it from her mouth.
And for that, he needs to find her.

***

(Inside the mansion)

Equinox was sitting on her couch, holding an envelope which arrived just now. She carefully opens it and pulls out the party invitation card. The letter was elegantly designed with a wax seal.

Equinox's eyes narrowed as she read the invitation. Her mind racing with suspicion. Julian sending her an invitation card? She ponders his motives, trying to decipher the hidden meaning behind his gesture.

"A party invitation from Julian... What's his game this time?" She said mumbling to herself.

Just as Equinox is lost in thought, Ezen burst into the room with an infectious energy. He looked at her upset face and felt something was wrong.