Chapter 4

(This chapter has NO shikamaru appearances, feel free to skip if you'd like! But this does show your growth with your team)

Y/N's POV

"You heard me, Y/N. How confrontational you are, it's a flaw." Kurenai said, with a smug grin on her face. I flinched at those words. Everyone had told me that confrontation was key. Or so i thought. "Never run away from your problems." I whispered.

*flashback*

Hidiorai: Y/N Han! Why can't you just be like your older sister and get the hang of this chakra absorption technique?

Y/N: I'm sorry father, but look at this! *hides behind rock, then quickly kicks up from behind it, kicking the other person square in the face*

Hidiorai: Cute, but that only stuns the person. Stop being a disgrace and face your enemies, confrontation is for naturals!"

Y/N: Maybe I'm not a natural.

Hidiorai: Oh, not maybe. I'm certain you aren't a natural, just look at you.

Y/N: What can I do to be better father?

Hidiorai: Never run away from your problems.

*flashback ends*

"Confrontation is for naturals! Why would I run away from the mistake, the enemy." I said, placing my hands on my hips. Kiba looked at me again, with a confused expression. "Oh come on, that'd never work out in the real ninja world!" He said, rolling his eyes, while Akamaru barked. Well thanks a lot Akamaru, I stood up for you and this is how you repay me? I giggled sarcastically, "I know you don't want to get in an argument with me, Kiba!" Kiba growled, and opened his dumb, annoying, and loud, mouth. "Oh yeah, maybe I do!" He backed up, pointing at me. I scoffed. "Okay, Mr. tough guy.." Akamaru barked again. Kurenai walked in between us, grabbing both of our arms that were facing towards her. "Okay, that's enough from you two." She said, turning us around towards the tree once again. I stared at the tree directly in front of me. "Do you want us to climb that tree or something?" I asked sensei, turning my head towards her. "Kinda, but this is more like walking up the tree." She responded, putting her hand on my head and forcing it to face the tree. I sighed, and ran towards the tree. "We're going now? Okay!" Kiba shouted, running full speed to the tree as well. Hinata came following too.

"Here goes nothing!" I screamed, jumping to the base of the tree, the bottom of my feet hitting the bark. THUMP! "Urghhh." I groan, rubbing the top of my head. That fall wasn't from anything high, not even close, but it still hurt. THUMP! And there goes Kiba. "Aww, how are we supposed to walk on a tree!" He groaned, before gasping and sitting up. I looked at him with a puzzled expression. "Huh?" I said, before also sitting up. I couldn't believe my eyes. Hinata was walking up the tree? "How'd you do that?" I asked, pointing at her. Kiba nodded persistently. Sensei stepped besides Hinata. "It's simple, chakra control." I rolled my eyes.
"That's a bunch of nonsense, it'll never truly help in the ninja world." I scoffed, Kiba nodded, agreeing along with me.
"That's where you're wrong. It's key to a fight. Without perfect chakra control, you could completely give away a fight by running out of stamina." Kurenai stated, before walking up to the tree and putting her index finger and middle fingers together. She slowly walked up the tree. I watched it and scoffed. Kiba looked at her, impressed but bored.
"I'm hungry." Kiba said randomly. I groaned out of disgust. "Why are you always saying such random things, you're so weird." I put my hand on my hip.
"Oh shut up, atleast my friends don't talk bad about me behind my back." Kiba replied, petting Akamaru.

"Huh, what's that supposed to mean? Do you know something I don't know?" I asked. Kurenai tried to get our attention, but we were both very present in the current conversation.

"Team 10 is always talking bad about you. Pretty pathetic on your part that your only friends don't even truly like you." Kiba elaborated, shrugging his shoulders. I was infuriated at this point. Was he telling the truth? He had to have been lying. They knew about my secret, if they didn't like me, wouldn't they have told everyone by now?

"You're such a liar! Atleast people like me, and my best friend isn't a dumb puppy!" I replied, my hands still resting on my hips.

"Y/n! Kiba! Get back to this lesson, you can discuss this topic in your free time." Kurenai said, before scoffing and rubbing her forehead with her hand.
"You know what, forget it. You guys are dismissed." Kurenai added, obviously over whatever was happening.

I walked off towards the training grounds, before getting interrupted by Kiba. "Hey." He said.
"What?" I replied dryly.
"I'm not lying about Team 10. You know that I wouldn't lie to my teammates about something like this. I mean, I have to spend years on missions stuck with you and Hinata." Kiba said, grabbing my shoulder to get me to stop walking. I turned to face him, crossing my arms. "Just forget about it. I'll see you tomorrow." I said, before returning back to my trail towards the training grounds.
"Bye." Kiba called out.
"Mhm, Bye." I replied.

*A few hours later *
I laid down on the ground, under a tree trunk i used for kunai throwing. I had been overthinking my past all day long. Remembering things I thought I had forgotten.

*Flashback *
Hidiorai: Y/n, get over here like I had said before!
Y/N: Yes father.
*Y/N walked across the hall to where her father was at.*
Hidiorai: This lady is going to fit you for your corset. Stand on that stool.
*Y/N stood on the stool as her father left the room. Her older sisters stood a few feet away from her, Akari wore a light blue corset with a ball gown type skirt and Asahi wore the same style, except her color was light pink. Y/n slouched, getting poked by the needle countless times, but she still didn't budge. She admired her sisters, especially Akari.*

Y/N: I love your blonde hair, Akari. It's very pretty.
Akari: Is your dress light yellow?
Y/N: Yeah!
Asahi: What! I always wanted to be assigned the yellow one! This isn't fair..
Akari: Atleast you got dad's brown hair and mom's skin tone, Asahi. Y/n just looks washed out with mom's coral hair and dad's pale skin.
Y/N: H-huh..? But mommy says I'm the prettiest angel ever!
Asahi: She probably just says that because dad never compliments you, and she feels bad.
Akari: He never compliments Y/n because she doesn't pull her own weight. We could get a peasant from the street to do a better job at the jutsu's Y/n has to master.

*Y/n's eyes started to tear up. Her tiny hands wiped her eyes. She didn't understand why she was under so much pressure even though she was only 4.*

*flashback ends*