Chapter 3

Y/N's POV

I sighed, and picked up a kunai, quickly throwing it at the target. This was my 65th one I've used, I cringed at the sound of it colliding with another one that was lodged into the target from earlier. "Wow, by the time you're satisfied with the training you're doing, there ought to be a kunai shortage!" A squeaky voice said, approaching me. It was Ino. I looked at her with a rude, unwelcoming look, furrowing my eyebrows. "What do you want." I scoffed, not moving my body away from the target. Suddenly, I heard footsteps coming from behind her. "Hey Y/N!" Choji yelled out, while gobbling a bag of barbeque potato chips. "Oh, hey!" I said, completely changing my tone to a joyful one, while facing my body towards his direction. "So, do you need to use the training field? It's pretty late if you ask me." I said, somewhat confused as to why they were bothering me. Yeah, like Asuma would make us work THAT hard." I heard a smug voice scoff, still not finishing its sentence. "As much as I'd love to talk about pointless stuff, how about we cut to the chase." It finished. That smug voice, the stupid know-it-all talk, it was obvious that this person was none other than Shikamaru. I laid my head against the top of the target, closing my eyes. I didn't want to put up with all this nonsense. Plus, it was way too late for this "I know your secret, princess." Shikamaru said, as I let out a shocked gasp. My eyes shot wide open, and I quickly stood straight up. "What, what do you mean?" I said, as my breath obviously got heavier and more shaky. "I think you know exactly what Shikamaru means. Does Han ring a bell?" Ino replied, grinning. Han.. Obviously it rang a bell. I was born into the Han clan, but no one knew, or at least I had thought so. "It's okay, we won't tell anyone, just thought you should know." Ino added, putting her arm on Shikamaru's shoulder. 

"We should probably get going guys." Choji said, walking off. Ino took her hand off Shikamaru's shoulder, following Choji. "Listen, this is all a drag. I think it's cool you're royalty or whatever." Shikamaru said in a low voice. "Really?" I asked Shikamaru, lowering my voice a little bit. Shikamaru looked at me, "Yeah, but don't tell anyone that I complimented a girl." He smiled. I laughed, and turned back around at the target. Shikamaru turned around towards Choji, and walked away.

The next morning.

"Woo hoo! I'm so ready for this training!" Kiba screamed, shaking his hands and head around. He walked over to one of the three sticks Kurenai sensei had laid out for us to stand at. I picked a stick and stood above it. Hinata delicately walked in between me and Kiba, making a line. "So, what type of ninja thing are we training on today, anyway?" Kiba yipped, picking up Akamaru. I looked back at Kurenai sensei, waiting for an answer. "Well, if you must know.. I'd like you to climb that tree directly in front of you." Kurenai responded. I looked back in front of me, focusing on the three trees that stood in front of us. "What's this even supposed to prove? That we can hide and be cowards?" I argued, clenching my fist. Kiba looked at me, then looked back at Kurenai, who giggled a little to herself. "You see, Y/N all you think about is confrontation. That's one of your flaws." She said. I gasped, clenching my fist even harder. 

"Like you're one to talk, old lady!" I shouted, pointing at her. She laughed even harder, this time. I clenched my other fist. "You're funny Y/N." She giggled. I groaned, then hostilely lunged at her.

"Woah! Hey!" Kiba shouted, grabbing my left arm.

"Y/N!" Hinata gasped, grabbing my right arm.

Kurenai's POV

I'm definitely going to have to keep my eye on that one. She thinks that everything is about confrontation, she's going to have a rude awakening once she gets out of the D ranked missions.