Chapter 2

(BTW!! This has little to no Shikamaru appearances and is more of a chapter revolved around Y/N)

Y/N POV

Today we were going to be put in our three-man teams since all of us have graduated and are officially ninjas! I scouted for Hinata in the classroom, but she was already sitting next to two male students. I settled for Kiba, who was sitting alone. "Can i sit here?" I asked, inviting myself despite the unwelcoming look on his face. He groaned, and crossed his arms. "You know, I was saving that spot for Akamaru!" He exclaimed, huffing and puffing. I rolled my eyes, and took a seat. "The members of team 8 are," Iruka said, reading off a slip of paper.

"Shut up, you mutt." I whispered to Kiba, facing away from him.

"Y/N Hatake.." Iruka read.

"Hah! Being on your team would be absolute torture." Kiba exclaimed, grabbing Akamaru by the tail, and laying him on the table.

"Kiba Inuzuka." Iruka read again. I stood up, pointed at Kiba and started cracking up. Kiba's expression turned into an even more frown, as he crossed his arms. "I'm sorry, did you say something about how being on my team would be absolute torture?" I asked, sitting back down.

And last but not least, Hinata Hyuga." Iruka read once again. My eyes widened with excitement.

"YAYY!" I screamed. Kiba quickly covered my mouth with his hand, awkwardly giggling.

The next day..

"When is our sensei going to pick us up! He's taking forever!!" Kiba yawned, along with Akamaru. Hinata handed Kiba and I a water bottle. "Here, I don't want you two to get dehydrated." Hinata quietly said. Although I wasn't thirsty, I appreciated how thoughtful it was of her. Suddenly the door to our classroom slid open. A woman with dark black hair and red eyes entered. "Are you our sensei?!" Kiba asked, urgent to leave. The woman nodded. Kiba immediately stood up, along with Hinata and I. We all walked over to our sensei, while Kiba turned around, facing team 7. "Hah! You guys are stuck with a loser sensei!" Kiba pointed, before I quickly grabbed on his hood, walking him out of the classroom. We followed our sensei to the training grounds, where team 8 happened to also be at. "Just ignore the other teams and take a seat. I'd like to get to know you guys, tell me a little about you." I took a seat on the grass, and let go of Kiba's hood.

"Hah! My name's uh... Kiba, I like dogs, and I don't care about Jutsu's, I just use these two things to help me!" Kiba exclaimed, putting both of his fists next to his face. Hinata looked at him with a confused look. "Well introduce us to those two things, what are their names, Bill and Tom?" I scoffed. Kiba growled, "OH YOU SHUT IT!" He screamed, flailing his arms and legs in the air. Akamaru barked at the boy, I couldn't believe Kiba wouldn't give his loyal sidekick some credit. I looked up at our sensei and smiled, laying my hands in my lap, innocently. "My name is Y/N Hatake, I like fashion, and I prefer Genjutsu and Dojutsu over any other types of Jutsu's! If i were to be in a battle, I'd confront the enemy first!" I exclaimed.

Kuranai's POV

This set of Genin, was interesting.. A mutt boy, a loud girl who loves confrontation, and a quiet girl I know nothing about. Suddenly a rock hit the back of my head. I turned around to see a boy running towards me. "I'm sorry about that.. heh." The boy said, scratching the back of his head.

"Hey! Shikamaru what do you gain from hitting OUR sensei in the head!" Y/N shouted to the boy. The boy had a hurt look on his face. "This is such a drag.. What did I even do to you Y/N? It was an accident!"

"Hey, its fine don't worry about it." I said to both the boy and Y/N. Y/N crossed her arms, maintaining eye contact with the boy. "Leave!" She shouted at him, pointing to his team. Her face flushed a bright pink color. I laughed to myself, as much as Y/N presents her hatred for that boy, it was pretty easy to tell that it was just an act to cover up her true feelings for him.