Chapter 5

A/N: The plot thickens-

(P.S. Kenny I'm sorry-)

The unappealing pearlescent car pulled into the front of the small mansion that served as the headquarters for the Syndicate's Colorado branch. The mafia boss stepped out of his car with his underlings flanking his sides once again.

Kenny's ears perked slightly as he heard a fleet of cars pull up by the front of the building. "I sense a disturbance in the Force, as if my ass is about to get kicked."

Craig glared at his companion. "Are you seriously joking at a time like this?"

"Craig, babyyy. It's called optimism, you should try it some time."

"It's called stupidity, you should quit it some time."

The two mafia leaders quickly resumed their silent waiting as they heard their higher-up approach.

"I see that you're both here already, gentlemen," the older man said as he entered the room, his bodyguards waiting outside. "I believe you both know the reason for my visit."

"Yes, sir." the two younger males replied.

"Very well. Your branch has always been one of the more trouble-free ones, but unfortunately, that seemed to have changed just now.... Your team was in charge of the warehouse, wasn't it, Mysterion?" the mafia boss asked despite knowing the answer just as well as the other two.

"Yes, sir." Kenny answered.

The boss scoffed before suddenly drawing his gun, clicking the safety off with one hand and digging the muzzle against Kenny's neck.

The blond didn't flinch and kept firm eye contact with his higher-up. "It will not happen again."

Craig clenched his jaw as his right hand drifted slightly behind him to the blade on his belt. He knew full well that if he did anything to their boss, he would land a fate worse than death. However, he would put all that aside in a heartbeat if anyone dared to harm Kenny's life.

"You best hope it doesn't, or you'll be dog food," the mafia leader growled.

"I will not place my fate with hope and will actively ensure everything goes as planned. You have my word," Kenny stated calmly.

The older male glared at Kenny for a few more moments before suddenly turning his gun over, striking the blond harshly across the face with the butt of his firearm.

Craig flinched harder than Kenny as the hit landed, the latter stumbling backwards slightly. Every fiber of his being wanted to draw his knife and stab the son of a bitch in front of him right through the back of his stupid fucking moronic thick skul-

Kenny discreetly shot his friend a warning look before lowering his head again, his hands still clasped in front of him.

"You will not disappoint me again, Mysterion," the leader of the two other males stated.

"No, sir, I will not," Kenny replied in an even tone.

The mafia leader took one step towards Kenny before seizing the latter by his hair and smashing the blond's head through the glass of a decorative display cabinet, banging Kenny's head against the wooden shelving in the process. He then kneed the blond harshly in the stomach before shoving him aside roughly.

Craig had to physically wring his hands together behind his back to stop himself from doing anything brash.

Kenny let himself tumble to the ground, blood seeping from a few places on his head and face.