Six: Chaya

As I kneeled upon the bed, breathless and terrified, I could barely keep my eyes on the large and looming man just inches away from me. Against my will, my body shook in pain, or perhaps it was the overwhelming feeling of needing to escape my newfound prison. Whatever it was, I did not enjoy it.

"Who are you?" I gritted out.

Deep within me, I was trying to embrace the anger, to become the anger, and to show everlasting anger upon my bodily features. I knew if I only appeared to be crazy and mad, then no one would dare to even think about harming me. A life skill I had to learn early on in life to avoid becoming some pedophiles personal toy.

However, despite my desire and the need to showcase the anger deep within me, I mostly only felt scared, scared beyond belief, and I hated myself for it. I hated that there was a chance that this terrifying and unbelievably attractive man might just see through my grammy award performance. And I might just die at the hands of a man.

One of my deepest fears...

"Malachi." His words were soft, but his face did not take hold of any emotion, he was nearly emotionless, but he missed one and hidden in his deep blue eyes I could see the hints of sadness. I knew my accusation of him being a monster hurt him, and that puzzled me for why did my words hurt him? They were just words, after all, and therefore, what effect did they have on him?

And why...

Through the blurriness in my mind, faint memories were brought forth as his name swirled around in my head. I remember him being the man who tucked me into the bed and showed me kindness as if he knew me. Kindness, I didn't deserve and kindness he would've never shown me if he had the faintest knowledge of my past.

The clearing of his throat pulls me from my thoughts and back to his brooding and kneeling form. "You know, in my head I've been calling you Angel, because you're more beautiful than any woman I've ever seen before and you're very mysterious. Like a puzzle, I have only a few of your pieces, and I'm still no closer to figuring you out."

He shook his head, and my eyes followed as his shoulder-length hair came loose from it's ponytail and fell gracefully over his shoulders. He truly was a handsome man, and I wanted to be angry at myself for thinking such thoughts for like my heart, I should only have eyes for one man, Ryder.

If I don't, then what's the point of wedding vows?

"I guess what I'm trying to say is, what is your name?" His eyes were pleading with me to tell him as if he truly wanted to know. As if he actually cared.

Yeah, what a lie...

I opened my mouth to answer but quickly shut it for was I really about to give up such personal information? No, it would be stupid of me to tell my abductor my name. If he knows my name, then it will make him assume I trust him, and I don't. Sighing, I shook my head and raked my brain for a name that I could use. So, without even thinking for more than a second, I blurted out the first name that came to my mind.

"Candy, my name is Candy."

I wanted to slap myself, Candy? Seriously, I might as well of said my name was chocolate or sugar baby.

His eyes narrowed and I knew in that moment that he saw through my lie, but before I could voice my thoughts or plead for him to leave me alone, he spoke, "You're scared, so I'll let your lie sild for now, but keep in mind there is no room for liars on this farm."

"Oh good, so should I pack my bags or call a taxi first?" I rolled my eyes, for I truly could not understand this man. Why did he want me? And why did he take me? He was acting like he did me some favor by saving me from whatever I got myself into. But truthfully, I knew in some way that I didn't want to be saved.