'Jimin, man, what the fuck is wrong with you?' Even Yoongi cursed him out

'Ra-'

'It's fine. I get it. You're pissed off.' I cut him off, just hoping not to start crying. He really knows how to go for the heart. 'When you're ready to hear my yapping, you know where to find me. I guess I'll just stay away and let you breathe until then. Sorry for being such a bother.'

I took off upstairs, closing myself in my room, letting out the tears I held down. 

'Rain, please let me in.' He came up right after me, trying to get inside. 'Rain.'

'Go and enjoy your peace that I seem to be destroying.' I tell him off through the door

'I didn't mean any of it, Rain. You know I didn't.'

'People tend to say things they mean when they're angry. It's fine. You said worse things to me. I think I'll survive this.'

'Don't make me break in there, Rain. Open the door.' That sounded a bit more threatening

'Then break in.' I mumbled to myself, getting on the bed, hiding my face in my arms. The more I think about his words, the more it hurts. Am I too much? Am I suffocating him? Or is he just angry?

I heard the doors open and close, and I didn't even look up. He really did pick a lock to get in here.

'I'm sorry. I'm so sorry.' He got on the bed, pulling me in his chest, kissing me on the hair. 'I swear I didn't mean a single thing. I was just upset and wanted to be left alone.'

'Then go. Be alone.' I cry. 'If I'm such a bother to you, go.'

'You're not a bother to me at all, Rain. You're anything but that. I just lashed out at you because I'm angry. I'm sorry, baby. I'm sorry.' He kept holding me

'You really know what to say to hurt someone.' I sniffle

'I'm aware. I've always been good at it. I do it without thinking. Like I did now.'

'Am I really that annoying to be with?'

'Yes, but I love that you are. It's one of the reasons why I love you so much. Your constant talking and nagging makes me kind of happy. Most of the time, you talk such nonsense that it makes me laugh.' He chuckles a little. 'I don't think I could live without it.'

I just nodded lightly, not moving away from him.

'I'm sorry. I have been so angry at Namjoon for bringing you into this. I never wanted you to join this line of work. If anything happens to you, I'm gonna kill all 6 of them and then myself.' That didn't sound like a joke. He is serious.

'I don't know how to do anything else, Jimin. This is what I've been doing so far, just like you. And I've been closed up in here for a long time. I can't keep doing that. I need to do something.'

'I know. That's another reason why I'm so angry. Because I know that there's nothing else you can do. You can't simply go into a normal life. There's no way for me to keep you out of this. I can't even promise to protect you. I'm supposed to be able to do at least that much.' His fingers on my shoulders tightened in frustration. 'I've been trying so hard to keep you out of danger, and they just dragged your right back into it. And you jumped in willingly. It's as if I've been trying for nothing.'

'I never expected such a promise from you, Jimin. I know damn well what kind of lives we have. My life was in danger the moment I was born, and it will be in danger until the day I die. It could be tomorrow, or it could be in 20 years. The same goes for you. You said so yourself, every step you take out these doors could be your death. There is no guarantee either of us will make it.'

'That is exactly my point. I could die any moment. But at least you have more chance of living if you don't do the same.' He pulled away, cupping my face from both sides and looking into my eyes. 'Your life means more to me than my own. I could not care less if I live or if I die. You are what's important to me. A strand of your hair missing would kill me. Don't you get that?'

'And your life means more to me than my own.' I repeat his words to him. 'Do you think that I'm dying with happiness every time you go out on a job? Do you think I'm just happily singing around the house while the man I love might be fighting for his life? I don't want this for you any more than you want it for me, but I know this is not something you can just leave.'

'Why didn't you tell me?' He let go of my face, and his hands fell down on his thigh. His voice was quiet, almost soft

'I didn't think I needed to state the obvious, Jimin. Why would I ever want you risking your life?' 

He closed his eyes, taking a deep breath as my hand reached for his face. He opened his eyes, looking at me with so much sadness behind that look.
'I want so much more than this for you. I want you to have a good, happy life away from here. Away from everything. You deserve to be happy. And not a single one of those things can be given to you by me. I can only drag you down.' 

'Jimin-'

'Maybe it would be better if you do what you said you would long ago. Leave. And leave me behind.' His eyes were glistening from the tears that swelled up in them, making them pinkish

As much as he tried to keep the tears in, they fell down his cheek once I slapped him.

'How can you even tell me something like that?!' I yelled at him, crying. 'I would rather die!' I was going to slap him again because he made me so angry, but he caught my wrist, pulling me into him. 'I would rather die than live without you. Don't tell me to leave. Don't leave me.' I sobbed, hitting him in the chest weakly 

'I'm sorry.' He sniffled as well. 'I won't say that again. It's alright.' He kissed my hair. 'I'm sorry.'

He waited until I stopped crying to speak again.

'So, your choice is to work with us.'

I nodded against his chest, hugging him a bit tighter. I could feel him taking a slow, deep breath and then swallowing really hard.

'I guess there's nothing else for me to do but accept it and protect you the best I can.'

'So, you're okay with it?' I pull away, looking up at him

'Not in the slightest, but I'm not your owner and I can't decide for you. If that's what you want, I will be here to help. It's your choice. You made it the same as I made mine. But I meant what I said. Anything happens to you, I'm killing them all.'