Chishiya x F!Y/N

Genre: Confusing Romance (literally)
In which both parties have mixed feelings about each other (No bc this suits him so well esp since he's a character that's so hard to predict)
Note: Slightly ooc, doesn't take place in the borderlands, college au, posted this immediately after writing it so any grammar/spelling errors aren't checked

["Every time we talk, it just hurts so bad
'Cause I don't even know what we are"]

Y/N L/N was sitting at a table alone at lunch with her chin rested on her arms, zoning out. Why you might ask?

Her best friend was Chishiya Shuntaro. They both were close- like two peas in a pod. He was the only other girl that he got along with properly aside from Kuina. Like he was with Kuina, he was comfortable to be with Y/N hours on end. The pros of this was that Y/N easily got help for her thesis and such, and she also got to go to the arcade with Kuina whilst Chishiya paid for their arcade tickets.

But being best friends with Chishiya Shuntaro was also a con in itself.

Chishiya wasn't easy to predict. Not even Kuina, who new him longer than Y/N did, could predict him. Chishiya wasn't the type to be an open book- you'd have to read between the lines to know him better. He wasn't also very open about his emotions. Though he did laugh around with the two girls, he didn't show any emotion other than happiness around them. This also meant that Kuina and Y/N has never seen him in love.

Because of Chishiya's lack of showing if he ever had a love interest, it made Y/N overthink.

Naturally, Y/N had her opinion but she didn't want to seem like she was assuming. It annoyed her though that she couldn't read Chishiya. Normally something like this wouldn't bother her, unless she had a huge fat crush on him.

Which she did.

Oh how she hated how he messed with her. It wasn't like she really was down bad for him at first, but the way he acted with her made her so frustrated.

Frustrated because it made her think he was interested in her. 

Y/N slightly jerked as she felt a hand on her head, patting it lovingly as the sound of a chair scraping against the floor was heard; and a soft plop indicating someone had taken the seat next to her. "Are you alright, Powder?" The voice asked with a strong hint of concern, and it only made Y/N's heart sink even more.

The reason the voice called her 'Powder' was because she once absentmindedly drank a cup of cocoa powder, forgetting she hadn't poured hot water into the cup yet.

The reason she hated the voice was because it belonged to none other than Chishiya Shuntaro.

She glanced up only for her eyes to clash with his dark orbs. Her eyes scanned his facial features: from his knitted eyebrows to his small smirk, drifting to the beauty mark right under his left eye.

"Do I look a mess, or is there handsome written all over my face?" He teased

'Yes, Chishiya, you're so handsomely attractive it's annoying'

"Handsome? Don't feel so mighty about yourself, you look like a monkey" She interjected instead.

She felt something tugging at her shoes and looked underneath the table to see his shoe stepping on her shoelace and pulling away, causing her lace to untie.

She scowled and smacked his arm making him groan as she reached down to also untie his lace. "Jeez, your shoelace was already loose." Chishiya winced, rubbing his arm.

Kuina suddenly appeared, wrapping her arms around their shoulders.

"Guys, let's hang out at my place. There's a new movie and a friend of mine downloaded it, so we can watch it at home."