Niragi x GN!Reader

Genre: Platonic [TW: Mentions of Niragi hurting reader, mentions of getting choked]
Angst to Fluff
In which someone finally doesn't see Niragi as just a monster

["Cause you brought out the best of me
You took my soul wiped it clean"]

Suguru Niragi

Who was he known as, back in school days? The wimp. The loser. The freak. Good for nothing. The nerd. A weak boy. He would always be tormented by classmates and upperclassmen. His first ever girlfriend was just using him.

"What makes you think I love you?" She had laughed at him as he stood in the gym, surrounded by his classmates. "I just used you. You're smart, why would I let that go to waste? Goodness, you're so hopeless. Maybe learn not to trust so much next time, hm?" She jabbed her finger on his forehead multiple times, his classmates taking videos and laughing while he teared up feeling so ashamed.

That was probably the reason he changed so much.

Suguru Niragi

Who was he known as? A psychopath. A merciless man. Arrogant and prideful. Uncaring and nonchalant. An abuser, a delinquent.

A monster

He gave the people what they thought of him, and he didn't care. He finally felt superior to everyone, no one could hurt him anymore. If they call him a monster he'll be one. He no longer trusted people, and bringing pain to them made him feel better about himself.

No, he was no longer that weak school boy that never fought back. He wasn't the school boy that would let himself get beaten to a pulp. He was no longer that school boy that let people use him. No, in this case, he would be the one doing it to people without mercy. 

After all, they deserve to be put through the hell they served him on a golden platter right?

Then came a new beach member, number 306. Y/N L/N.

Niragi had this thing where he'd torture the new members for weeks to test their patience and also for his pleasure. Y/N unfortunately would face that.

He gave no mercy, always hitting them or saying horrible things. The only strange thing was that he couldn't bring himself to use them for his pleasures. He couldn't seem to be able to do such a thing.

But why? Why, when he could do it to others with no hesitation? Why did he have second thoughts when hurting them?

They too didn't seem so bothered about it. No matter what he did, they were always so optimistic. They were a bundle of balled up unreleased sunshine waiting to bring light to their cruel reality. 

Niragi had been annoyed, and decided to confront them. He found them by the roof, and he grabbed them by the arm pinning them to the wall and wrapping his hand around their throat harshly. Y/N seemed unfazed, only slightly raising their eyebrows.

"I didn't think you'd be awake, hello Niragi-san" They said calmly.

"Your expression sickens me, so does your voice" He spat. "Why are you so calm huh? Why can't you just be freaked out like the others? You think I'm a monster huh? Just say it!" He yelled

"What? A monster? Who would think of you that way? I don't"

His expression softened, his grip on their neck loosening.

"What?"

They held the hand that Niragi had on their neck, wrapping their palm around his wrist gently. Niragi looked at the gesture and back up to see them smiling softly at him, looking at his eyes.

"I was your underclassman, back at our school. I didn't like seeing you get so hurt, but I couldn't stand up for you. I too was in your situation. Mocked, ridiculed, bullied, abused, used and many more. I looked up to you so much you know? No matter what they did to you, you didn't hurt them back. If I were you, I'd be in so much rage." Y/N explained and Niragi stayed silent, wanting to hear more.

"This cruel reality shows up out of nowhere years later after we left the school. I saw you once before, and I noticed how much you'd improved." Y/N gestured to him, chuckling.

"When I got here and I saw you, I was so relieved. I was so happy to see someone I knew, but when I saw the way you acted I was so confused. I wanted to hate you, to hit you, to call you a monster." The last word was venom-laced and Niragi had drew in a sharp breath, his grip on their neck tightening ever so slightly as he felt suddenly weak- he was being ridiculed just like before, and he didn't like it.

"But then I understood that you aren't really a monster."

"Obviously, your school experience was horrible. It drove you to be the worst version of yourself. Here you are, hurting people and finding joy in it. Wouldn't it be pathetic of me to call you a monster, when the real monsters created who you became now?" They asked him; and his grip faltered as he searched their eyes for any hidden remorse or manipulation, yet he saw none.

Y/N L/N was being truly genuine to him, something he never received often from anyone he ever met.

"I believe you are a good person. The cruelty of this world has driven you to light the match to the gas they spilled before you, and you got caught in it. I believe you could be better, if only you don't let the wickedness faze you." They reached up, placing a comforting hand on his shoulder.

"You aren't a monster, Niragi. I know you don't like who you are now, and that you want to put an end to this. Prove to me, that you aren't monster."

Niragi dropped his hand that was around their neck, noticing the reddish mark he had left. He had been so cruel to them, yet here they were without an ounce of hate for him in their heart. For the first time, he felt like someone actually cared for him. That they weren't just manipulating him to use him in the future, or that they were only saying this to save themselves.

No, it felt all too genuine. Rather than pushing him away, they made him realize his potential. They stayed even though they could be burned by the flames of his wrath. For the first time in years, someone gave him a name. He wasn't a nobody anymore. Y/N L/N made him feel human, made him feel he was worth being loved. Y/N L/N made him feel important, cherished and respected.

"I'm sorry for hurting you, I'll prove to you that I can be better." He bowed his head, and Y/N gave him a tight warm hug.

"I knew you had it in you."

He smiled to himself, hearing that Y/N had faith in him. He felt proud knowing someone believed in him, that someone trusted him.

'I'm not a monster.' He told himself.

He was Suguru Niragi.

Author's note: I made this fic because I remembered Niragi's backstory. It was a pity he still ended up being the bad guy, I was so happy to see his character development but it turns out it was only a false hope :( I wondered what would have happened if he actually became nice, that would've been great to see. I know he was an abuser and that's nothing to be taken lightly, but a part of me hoped he had actually changed for the better, though I did know it would be impossible. If you don't agree with me, it's fine. This is only my opinion on Niragi's character, so please refrain from sending hate in the comments, thanks! <33