Chapter 6

Gia's POV:

I walked out of the shop and put the phone back to my ear.

"Okay Alesia, tell me what happened." I said walking to my car.

"I got pulled over coming into Brooklyn. This cop wants to search my car." She whined into my ear. "He thinks I have drugs in here."

"Do you have drugs in there?" I asked pulling away from the coffee shop.

"Maybe." She answered.

I groaned into the phone. Leave it to Alesia to get herself into trouble.

Alesia is my baby sister. She just turned 18 and graduated from high school 3 months ago. She's always been a trouble maker. The whole family let's her get away with everything. Including me.

I have a soft spot for her. She was the only one home when our mom had a heart attack. Alesia was only 12. I've always felt a sense of responsibility for her, especially now that I'm in charge.

She's been living in New Jersey with some girlfriends since she graduated high school. She told me she never wanted to live in Brooklyn again.

"Damn it Al. Why are you In Brooklyn anyways!" I asked driving towards Bay Ridge.

"I'm coming home!" She answered.

"What? You told me 3 months ago you'd drop dead before you moved back to Brooklyn."

"Well, I changed my mind." She huffed.

"Your friends kicked you out, huh?" I chuckled.

"They were bitches anyways." She said annoyed.

"Okay baby girl." I laughed. "Where exactly are you?"

"92nd street, outside of Dyker park." She answered.

"Good, I'll be there in 10 minutes. DO NOT GET OUT OF YOUR CAR. Ask the cop for his supervisor to come." I commanded.

"Okay, okay!" She said then hung up the phone.

Fucking Alesia. I love her and I'd do anything for either of my sisters but I really need her to get her shit together now that I'm in charge.

Soon enough I was pulling onto 92nd street and found Alesia in her pink Jeep with 2 police cars behind it. I pulled up and parked getting out of my car and walking up to the officers talking behind her car.

"Miss you need to get back in your car." The younger officer said.

"No. I don't." I shrugged.

I walked over to Alesia's window unbothered and knocked on it. She looked over and a huge grin took over her face as she rolled the window down.

"God Gia, have you gotten prettier since I saw you 2 months ago?" She said. I know she was just sucking up so I'd get her out of this.

"Shut it. Do they have your license?" I asked.

"Yeah." She shrugged.

I nodded at her and walked back to the officers.

"So you two men have no clue who the Morrettis are I'm assuming?" I said with a small smile on my face.

"Why should we give a fuck about who they are?" The younger one asked.

The older man had a flash of recognition come over his face.

"As in Gio Morretti?" He said standing up straighter.

I nodded my head. "That's his daughter." I laughed and the older man's face flushed.

BUSINESS BEFORE PLEASUREजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें