Chapter 1

You arrive at the academy, and get introduced to Iruka sensei. "Hello y/n!" He says. "Go sit up in the back where there's an empty seat." He says, kindly nudging you. You go up to the back of classroom, and sit next to a kid sleeping.

Y/N's POV:
I sat next to a kid sleeping, hoping he is friendly. Suddenly I see the sensei, throw a piece of chalk at his head. "Shikamaru, introduce yourself." He says. The boy yawns and looks at me. "Hi, my name is Y/N hatake." I say putting my hand out ready to shake his hand. "I don't shake girl's hands, but hello." He says giving me a rude face and yawning. I put my hand back to my side and sighed. "Your really boringgg" I say, yawning. He looks at me angrily and goes back to sleep.

After school (sorry for the time skip _~_)

I walk out of the academy, seeing everyone with their freakishly old parents. Suddenly I see my father, late as always. "Really?!" I say angrily.
"Everyone here has already been picked up except for the yellow haired kid!" I say storming off to my house. "Be patient, maybe then I'll get here on time." My father said with a smile. I hate those smiles so much. You wouldn't even be able to notice them if it weren't for his eyes closing, since the mask he wore covered his mouth.

Next school day (SHIKAMARU POV)
I finally got to school on time, and ran into choji. "Hey choji!" I say fist bumping him. We walk into class together and take a seat. I see the new girl sleeping. "Yoohoo! We can't sleep in class, believe me, I know!" I say somewhat friendly, but also super annoying to the point where I want to punch myself. She opens her eyes, looks at me and goes back to sleep. "Hey! We can't go to sleep, whatever it would be a drag explaining it to you again." I complain sitting down. "Class hasn't started." I hear her mumble at me, still hiding her face from the sunlight coming from the window. I roll my eyes and start walking over to choji. "Have you talked to the new girl?" Choji asks me excitedly. "Why so excited?" I question choji.
"Well, maybe she'll be nice to me!" Choji exclaims. I look at him and start to giggle.
"She's mean, she won't be nice to yo-" before I can finish my sentence I hear a chair untuck. Suddenly the new girl is walking up to choji. Is she going to beat him up!? Suddenly by my suprise, she reaches her hand out, and introduces herself. "Hello, my name is Y/N hatake, nice to meet you!" She says smiling. Choji shakes her hand happily. Though this girl gets on my nerves, I'm happy to see she's being very friendly to choji.

Y/N's POV:

The next day slowly came around. The academy was super boring, but today was the day I had been looking forward to. We're finally getting to practice our ninja skills. I'm not much of a show off, although I can't help but be a little bit excited to show everyone how great of a ninja I can be in the future. I should probably stop daydreaming on the walk to the academy, and instead pick up my pace. I suddenly saw choji rush past me, shikamaru following him behind. "Why are you guys running so fast?" I say running quickly to them, trying to catch up. "Are you guys really in such a hurry to get to the academy?" I say as shikamaru slows down while grabbing a hold of choji's sleeve to also slow him down. "We want to get there before this idiot named Sasuke gets there." Shikamaru says, crossing his arms. "Why? Do you guys have a race going on or something?" I ask.

"Nope, We just don't want to hear all of the girls going crazy over him." Shikamaru says, elbowing Choji so he can elaborate on the idea as well.

"Yeah, it gets distracting." Choji says running again while Shikamaru and I slowly follow.

"Pineapple."

"What?" Shikamaru asks

"Your hair looks like a pineapple." I say, breathing heavily. If being a ninja was all about running, I'd be screwed.

"Already running out of breath?" Shikamaru taunts, as he runs faster.

"Girls have a disadvantage since they're so weak." Shikamaru laughed, obviously knowing it would make me angry. I wasn't going to let him outrun me after saying that, even though I was super tired.