MISUNDERSTOOD MONSTER - CHAPTER SEVEN

Magsimula sa umpisa

My body runs cold with disgust. It makes no sense to me how someone could ever threaten a girl like Selene. She has done nothing wrong and frankly speaking, neither have I. We are both victims of Dorian and his horrible attitude!

"What did he say he'd do to you if I don't listen?" I ask her as I stare into her fleeting red gaze. "Selene, I need to know."

"He–..." She starts, then suddenly turns her head away to mumble, "If I tell you, you must swear to attend dinner with Master Dorian." After I whisper 'I swear', she went on, "He said he would force me to rip my own fangs out."

She must have taken notice of the rage welling in my eyes, as she frantically begins to defend him. "Master Dorian is a great vampire, Miss, and he means well for us all, even when he acts so harshly! The punishments he enacts upon the servants are only to better us, and he is much more merciful than his father was. So, I'm grateful to him, truly! Do not get mad in my stead! I don't need your ang–..."

I pull her into a tight hug that is not returned. "You may not need my anger, but Dorian sure as hell does."

And with that, I let go of Selene and storm out of my room. She follows close behind me, continuously rambling on about how I shouldn't be mad at Dorian. Though the more she tries to defend him, the angrier I get. He doesn't deserve any sort of defense from her or anyone for that matter, and he definitely isn't going to get any from me. More like he'll be getting offense. A whole lot of offense which will consist of me ripping out his wretched fangs and kindly placing the two teeth on his dinner plate.

I ready my hands for the grueling task ahead as I shove open the doors leading into the dining hall, or at least I attempt to. The doors are quite large and heavy, leaving me to struggle as I push the entirety of my body weight into them. It's to no avail though. Out of breath and still fuming, I turn to Selene who's watching me curiously.

"I..." I take a big gulp of air in, "...think the doors are locked!"

Selene's lips set into a fine line that makes up an awkward smile. "I believe the doors can be opened with a swift pull, not push, Miss."

"Oh."

I face the doors with redness flowing across my cheeks and the tips of my ears. Fortunately for my sake, it was only Selene who had caught a glimpse of my lapse in intelligence.

I pull open the doors and step into the dining hall. The doors shut close behind me with a loud bang that echoes, though that's not the only sound bouncing off the walls. Another, more annoying sound intermixes with the loud bang. That sound is coming from a conversation between Dorian and a woman who I immediately recognize to be the one that loves to moan at the top of her lungs. She's sitting on Dorian's lap as if she neglected to take notice of all the other chairs lining the long table.

They stop their conversation to glance at me as I attempt to maintain my resolve. Never was the sun mine alone to gaze upon, I must remember that. I must never forget, and I will use this scene to burn that line into my brain. I stare at them, never breaking my gaze from Dorian's as I take my seat at the far end of the table.

    A scoff sounds from the woman. "Keep your prying gaze to yourself. Dorian and I don't wish to–..."

    "You may speak for yourself but not for me. I have my own mouth to do so," He tells off the woman, and though I try to fight it, an inevitable smile crests onto my lips. "Stare all you want, human."

    Almost immediately following those haughty words, my eyes are frantically scanning the table for something to focus on. For, I do not wish to watch as Dorian has that woman's blood for his dinner nor do I wish to hear it. The sound of her moaning makes me queasy, but I still reach over to a nearby platter, snagging a plump-looking piece of meat. I make a point to eat quite loudly, smacking my lips and all, to overwhelm the sounds of that woman.