29. Book

~Legolas finds out about the Haradrim Book and one thing leads to another.~

~♕~

~♕~

"It is alright to cry."

– Baymax, Big Hero 6

~♕~

29. Book

Lasriel flinched guiltily, closing the book with a snap. "Uh, just a book." She tried to sound neutral.

"I can see that."

Thankfully he didn't press her further about it, and didn't try to peek either. She started to breathe calmer. Having to explain about the Haradrim book would be beyond mortifying.

When she was just about to return it to its hiding place, she felt Legolas remove his arm from around her.

Secrets. He hated secrets, and yet here she was, hiding things from him again. He was probably disappointed or even angry. But must one share everything in a marriage? It was not like this secret was bad, or hurtful in any way. Quite the opposite.

She hesitated, hand still on the book. If she showed it to him, that would mean she trusted him not to make fun of her, and she was certain he would appreciate that. Maybe it would be worth the embarrassment?

"Do you want to see it?" she muttered uncomfortably.

"Only if you want me to."

"Not really."

"Then I won't pry. 'A Couple's Guide to a Happy Marriage' says it is important for spouses to be allowed their privacy. One must not share everything."

He was unknowingly echoing her thoughts, and somehow the whole situation suddenly made Lasriel want to laugh. They were both using books to improve their marriage, and since Legolas was open about his guidebook then perhaps she could be too.

Mutely she passed the book to him.

As she heard him slowly turn the pages, she squirmed with embarrassment, wishing she could pull the comforter over her face – which probably had become crimson.

She couldn't stand the silence. Peeking over her shoulder, she noticed his eyes were large and his cheeks pinker than usual.

His flustered look made her feel braver. "You are quiet."

"Well, I'm just a bit surprised." His voice was hoarse. "I didn't know there were books about... uh... bedding. So this is where you got all the ideas? Bathing together, kissing the neck..."

"Aye."

Another moment of uncomfortable silence ensued.

"What are you thinking about?" she asked at last.