Sirius abruptly shook the thought away, trying to focus back on his own friends.

"I think I'm gonna head up to the library after dinner," said Remus, sighing from exhaustion. "I want to get my History of Magic essay done before the weekend ends."

"People will probably be surprise to see Peter voluntarily walk into the library," said James, laughing.

"Yeah, and on a weekend right after dinner," Peter sniggered. "I would never." Peter then refilled his plate with more roast beef, which was an unusual thing to see James Potter do, seeing as he always went light on dinner, saying he wanted to keep himself in shape.

'Just in case Evans sees me shirtless tonight', was what he would usually say with a playful wink.

"I'm so full," James groaned. "I think I might just sneak to the Quidditch pitch and take my broom for a ride."

"I'll come along!" Peter nodded eagerly.

"All right. How about you, Sirius?" said James, looking at where 'Remus' was sitting now.

"Nah, it was a long day," said Sirius in Remus's voice. "I think I'm just gonna head back to the common room."

"Suit yourself." James shrugged, standing up with Peter. Right after, Remus left the Great Hall as well to go to the library.

Feeling tired, Sirius went up the moving staircases, still looking like Remus; the effects of the Polyjuice still hadn't worn out since the last time he sipped from it.

When he returned to the Gryffindor common room, it was still empty. The rest of the students were still at the Great Hall, enjoying the feast.

Sighing, Sirius sat down on the couch in front of the fireplace, gazing into the dancing flames. His mind kept wandering off, thinking about their process of becoming Animagi, wondering of what animal he would turn into. He couldn't wait to figure out. And the danger of the process and illegality of it only added to his excitement.

"Hey, Remus."

The voice snapped him out of his thoughts, but just when he turned around, his stomach lurched when he saw who it was.

"Jenna! Hi..." he said in a lower voice than he usual spoke, afraid that he might somehow find out who he actually was. "Um... where are your friends?"

"They just went up to the dorm. I came to give you this," she said, taking out a notebook out of her bag. "Here. These are the Potions notes you asked for yesterday."

"Oh... thanks," said Sirius, taking them from her. But he was surprised when she sat beside him on the couch.

"Yesterday's notes are on this page," she opened the notebook, shifting a little closer to him to show him the page.

She was sitting too close to him now. So close that he could smell her perfume perfectly.

"Th-thanks," he said, now trying to breathe through his mouth instead of his nose. He hated how much her scent alone had the ability to drive him into madness.

"Yup. So how was your day? Did you guys do anything special?" she asked just as casually as she would speak to any other friend.

"No. Not really." Sirius shook his head a little awkwardly, avoiding looking into her eyes, afraid that she would see right through him.

"Well, that's a shock. Sirius and James usually come up with something crazy to do on Hogsmeade trips." She laughed lightly.

She had said his name. Sirius...

She hadn't called him that in two years.

He was surprised by how much he liked the sound of her voice when he said his name.

"Well, I should better g—"

"And how was your day?" Sirius quickly said before Jenna could get the chance to get up and leave.

He wanted her to stay. He wanted to keep on talking to her.

"Pretty eventless." She shrugged, but then suddenly smiled when she remembered something. "Well, unless you count Marlene throwing up right outside Hogshead's pub. She had eaten too much candy. The owner was furious."

She laughed, making him smile.

"You're kidding." Sirius laughed along, in Remus's voice. "How did he take it?"

"He kept yelling at us, so we just ran away." She laughed even louder, but it slowly faded away when she realized he had fallen quiet.

Jenna looked back at him, seeing that his eyes were fixed on her, unmoving. Her body went still, just as still as his, their eyes locking.

She thought to herself that there was something about Remus tonight that she couldn't quite put a finger on. He seemed different, somehow...

Jenna froze on the spot when he suddenly raised his hand, very slowly, gently taking a strand of her pink hair and placing it behind her ear.

"I love your hair like this..." he whispered, almost talking to himself. He then smiled. "It makes you look crazy."

Jenna laughed at that, even though it made her stomach tingle. "Does it, now?" she tried to say teasingly.

"Yes. You look like you've just escaped the insane asylum," he said jokingly, laughing along. But he then smiled. "And I love that about it."

Jenna tried to laugh along, but she realized that he had kept his fingers through the strand he had tucked behind her ear. She felt goosebumps rise through her entire skin.

She was glad her hair was already pink, otherwise it would've betrayed her by showing how she was actually feeling at that moment.

But Jenna was snapped out of her thoughts when she saw a small change taking place in him.

"Er... Remus? Why's your hair's roots turning black?"

"Wha —" Sirius touched his hair, the realization suddenly hitting him. "It's probably Sirius and James — one of their stupid pranks." He laughed nervously, jumping up to his feet. "I — I should probably go."

And with that, he walked away from her and ran up the boy's dormitory.

Weird, Jenna thought to herself.

But what was weirder to her, was the feeling that had surprisingly ignited within her toward Remus.

Was her heart betraying her after all, making her fall for another boy, even though she had promised herself it would never happen again?