Chapter 83

"WE GOT IN! WE GOT IN!"

      It were the loud shouts from the common room which woke the girls up that morning. While Marlene kept snoring lightly from where she laid in her bed, Lily and Jenna walked out of their dorm and went down the spiral staircase, yawning and rubbing their eyes sleepily.

      They weren't alone it finding the noises curious. Some of the other students had been awoken as well, heading down into the common room to see what was going on and what the shoutings were all about.

      The Gryffindor common room was lightened by the morning sun, beaming through the room as two boys with dark hair danced around crazily, jumping up and down boisterously by the notice board.

      Lily rolled her eyes, walking back upstairs immediately. Although Jenna walked forward, trying to see what had gotten them so hyped up. She couldn't exactly tell what they were saying as they shouted at the same time, their loud voices mingling together into a bunch of nonsense.

      "What's goin' on?" Jenna asked sleepily, holding back yet another yawn as she reached them.

      "We got it! We got in the team!" James exclaimed, holding Jenna by her shoulders and shaking her frantically.

     "Woah! Woah!" Jenna pushed him back, feeling dizzy. "You both got in?"

      "Why do you sound so surprised, Jenny?" Sirius smirked, finally ceasing his triumphant dance moves.

"I'm not surprised. I'm just disappointed," said Jenna grudgingly, crossing her arms.

"Well, I got the Chaser spot, and Sirius became the second Beater of the Gryffindor team," said James with a proud grin.

      Jenna offered him a warm smile. "Welcome to the team, J.P. I'm actually proud of you."

      "Of course we would've gotten in. Honestly, we're better than half people on the team," James said smugly. "Mark my words; I'll be the next Gryffindor Captain."

"Not if I become the next captain," Sirius said with a challenging grin, pushing James by the arm, who pushed him back in return, this time harder. It soon turned into a wrestle as the two boys laughed and tried to bring the other down.

The more time Jenna spent with them, the more she realized that Lily was right. Those two boys were too immature for their age. So letting out a sigh, Jenna returned upstairs to her own friends, getting ready for the day.

***

James and Sirius's excitement in the common room was nothing compared to their first official Quidditch practice later that week, in the afternoon. But this time, instead of shouting and doing foolish dance moves, they flew through the sky fearlessly on their brooms, showing off their wondrous skills.

While Sirius made sure to swirl and turn dangerously yet gracefully in the air, James zoomed through the sky at full speed, his balance and confidence awing everyone on the team. It was as though he was born to fly.

Mr. and Mrs. Potter, as soon as they had heard the good news about James getting on the Gryffindor team, bought him a new broomstick and sent it to him, which he made sure to show off in the Great Hall in the middle of breakfast. He talked about it loud enough so that everyone could hear him, specially those sitting at the Slytherin table.

The look of jealousy had been visible on Severus Snape's face as he glared back at James, full of hatred and envy, before he left the Great Hall with Lily to get to the Potions' classroom. Jenna didn't understand why Lily would still be friends with someone as prejudice as him, but she didn't say anything and held her tongue back.