Chapter 35

Pushing their trolleys which had their trunks on them, James and Jenna ran toward the red brick wall, appearing the next moment in the Muggle side of King's Cross Station.

     Jenna looked around impatiently, searching the crowded station for their parents, with James right beside her. Her smile then widened the moment she saw her parents from afar.

    "Mum!" Jenna cried out happily, and then leaving her trunks, she ran toward her mother and brought her into a tight hug.

    "Oh, my little girl! I missed you so much!" said Mrs. Potter, hugging her back.

    "Mum? That's it!? Just mum!?" Jenna pulled away from her mother as she heard Mr. Potter say grumpily.

    "I missed you too, Dad," said Jenna with a chuckle, moving forward to hug him as well. But Mr. Potter took a step back, shaking his head.

    "Nope. I don't hug traitors who like their mothers more," Mr. Potter said in a sassy tone, and Mrs. Potter rolled her eyes while Jenna only giggled. "Now, where is my precious son? The person who actually likes me more?"

    They all looked around, seeing that James was now pushing both his trolley and Jenna's with difficulty, seeing as she had left it in the middle of the station out of the excitement of seeing her parents.

    Although before they get a move on to go and help him with the trunks, James had already reached them. With a grin playing on his lips, he went and greeted Mrs. Potter first.

    "Hi, Mum!" he said enthusiastically, brining her into a hug.

    "Wha —!" Mr. Potter gasped, as if personally offended. "Traitors!"

     James and Jenna both laughed before walking toward him at the same time and bringing their father into a hug. Mr. Potter sighed in defeat at last before wrapping on arm around each of his children, hugging them back.

    "I missed you two little devils so much. The house was too quiet without you around," he said, smiling warmly.

    "Fleamont, I thought you said they were two little angels, fallen from heaven," said Mrs. Potter with a grin.

    "I was clearly being Sarcastic, Mia," said Mr. Potter earnestly, pulling away from the kids with a smirk, before ruffling up their hairs. "These two are as far away from angels as one could possibly be."

***

James and Jenna had made their parents promise not to decorate the Christmas tree without them, seeing as this was their first year away from home, and they didn't want to break the tradition. So the twins were glad that their parents had kept their promise when they arrived at the Potter Manor and saw a tree in the middle of their hall, which wasn't decorated yet.

     "Yes! I've been waiting for this moment for so long!" Jenna exclaimed happily, her hair turning orange in excitement.

     "Yeah, but I'm starving. Let's just decorate it after dinner," said James, making his way over the kitchen and Jenna nodded in agreement, following him.

    "Now hold on a minute!" The twins came to a halt when they heard their mother calling them.

     Turning around, they saw Mrs. Potter standing behind them with her arms folded, tapping her foot on the floor as she gave them a sharp look.

    James and Jenna knew that look very well. It meant that they were in trouble. So the two glanced at each other sideways in silence, before looking back at their mother, trying to look as innocent as possible.

    "So," their mother started, glaring between them, "I received two letters from Professor McGonagall in the past few months, complaining about you. Two letters! And only in the first few months of your first year at Hogwarts!"

     James pursed his lips together guiltily and Jenna threw her gaze on the floor, as if she were finding the ground highly interesting at the moment.

     "I can't believe this! Professor McGonagall is the Head of your House, and not to mention the deputy Headmistress of Hogwarts! And we have to receive letters from her saying that you two have broken several school rules only in the first month of being there! And that you two are the most troublesome first years she's ever seen! Your father and I were really disappointed!"

    "Well, in our defense," James started with an arrogant smirk, "I really don't think Dad minds."

     Jenna's eyes widened and she glared at her brother sideways, as if silently telling him to shut up, and that this wasn't a smart move. But it was too late. Mrs. Potter raised a brow at them.

     "Is that so? Well, let's see, shall we?" she said, smiling knowingly. "Fleamont! Fleamont! Could you get down here please!?" she shouted after him.

     "I'M IN THE BATHROOM! DON'T RUSH ME!" Mr. Potter yelled back, causing Mrs. Potter to shake her head and sigh, meanwhile James and Jenna sniggered.

     "Can we go eat something until Dad comes?" said Jenna, suppressing a grin, "I'm sure this is gonna take some while —"

     "You're not going anywhere, young lady!" Mrs. Potter cut her off firmly.

     After a minute or two, Fleamont finally came into the hall, looking around with a confused expression. "What is it, Mia?"

     "I was just talking to your kids about how we've received two letters from Professor McGonagall, saying that they've been causing too much trouble at Hogwarts," said Mrs. Potter, crossing her arms once again. "Can you tell them what we thought about this?"

    "Oh, yeah!" Mr. Potter's smile widened. "I was personally very impressed —"

     "The other thing, Fleamont!" Mrs. Potter snapped sharply, making James and Jenna snigger again.

    "Oh, right! Right!" Mr. Potter cleared his throat, trying to regain himself. "That we're — um — we were very disappointed to hear that."

    "Exactly!" said Mrs. Potter turned to face the twins again. "And we also want you to promise that you wouldn't cause this much trouble at school anymore."

     Mr. Potter shook his head at the twins while he stood behind his wife, as if to say that they didn't have to stop causing trouble.

     But when Mrs. Potter turned back sharply to look at him from over her shoulder, he briskly started nodded in agreement. Although the moment she looked away, he started shaking his head again.

"Go on," said Mrs. Potter, urging on the twins. "Promise that you'll at least try to behave yourself from now on."

"We promise," James and Jenna said at the same time, trying to hold back their grins as they crossed their fingers.