𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟐 - 𝐏𝐭. 𝟐

Start from the beginning

But, even if Alistair felt proud of him, Deucalion clearly held a different opinion. In a matter of seconds, the alpha closed the distance between himself and Scott, gripping his clawed hand and forcibly guiding him towards Jennifer. Through gritted teeth, Deucalion uttered, "Perhaps you just need guidance."

Coming to a stop in front of the Darach, Scott began to speak, never breaking eye contact with Deucalion. "I forgot to mention something Gerard told me." He paused briefly, glancing at Alistair and nodded, before continuing, "You're not always blind."

Shock flickered across Deucalion's face at the unexpected revelation. But, before the alpha could react, Alistair fired an explosive arrow just in front of them. The resulting blast temporarily blinded everyone in the room, including Deucalion himself. In the disorienting chaos, Deucalion released his grip on Scott, grunting in pain as he shielded his eyes.

And seconds were all it took for the eclipse to start. Alistair saw as the three werewolves reverted to their human forms, their features returning to normal. However, Jennifer was nowhere to be seen.

(...)

After waking up Stiles, David and Michelle parted ways. Michelle took David's car to go to the distillery as Alistair told her, while David and Stiles would run to the Nemeton, now having a clearer image of its location.

Now running in the middle of the forest, covered by a raging storm that came from apparently nowhere, the wind was so violent that David couldn't catch any scent, but, amidst all the noise of the wind, he could hear it, a constant bip sound, it took him seconds to recognize it, it was the sound of the sonic emitters used by hunters, he deduced that Chris was close then. He grabbed Stiles' shirt sleeve, directing him.

It took them two minutes to see it, the last remains of a once big tree, it had been cut around less than a meter, and it had big roots. But what caught his attention was actually behind the Nemeton. There was a door wide open in the floor, some kind of entrance to a root cellar. Approaching it, he had to stop in his tracks, the surrounding floor was crumbling, if they didn't act fast, everyone there was going to be buried alive.

Quickly, the Keeper jump through the open doors, seeing everyone there, the three missing parents with Allison and Isaac, all of them looked at him gawked, but, in instants, they all relaxed and let relieved breaths.

While the cellar was almost collapsed, Isaac was the one holding it from crushing them. Swiftly, David approached the boy and took the weight from him. Being an alpha with superior strength, it wasn't difficult for him, but he knew he couldn't just hold it forever.

Lucky for everyone, Stiles chose that tense moment to appear and put his baseball bat and stop the cellar's ceiling from falling.

"I always said aluminum was better than wood." Was the sheriff's relieved voice. He hugged tightly his son, just like Chris and Allison were holding each other. David approached Isaac, squeezing his shoulder, and nodding approvingly at him, before approaching Melissa to check on her.

(...)

As the eclipse descended upon them, a yellow hue glowed on everything and everyone, transforming the atmosphere. Outside the distillery, swirling dust obscured their view, creating some kind of veil. Amidst the unfolding chaos, a figure emerged, gradually approaching with deliberate steps. It was Jennifer, revealing her true form. Her paper pale, scarred, and disfigured true form.

Alistair retreated into the shadows, silently observing the impending confrontation.

In an instant, Jennifer stood before Scott, her arms outstretched. Summoning a formidable force from within, the Darach unleashed a mighty wave of power, hurling Scott against a wall with a dull thud, rendering him unconscious.