𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟐 - 𝐏𝐭. 1

Start from the beginning

Peter said, "we may not know, but I bet she has an idea." Then, he looked at Lydia, "right, Lydia?"

The girl claimed to not know anything, but being questioned and pressed, she said she felt as if she was in the middle of a cemetery.

When Derek looked at John for advice, the boy only nodded to himself and started to gather his things, and said, "you all better start packing before I drag your wolfsbaned asses to the car," and then, he headed to the door. Derek only sighed and followed suit.

(...)

Running out of options about how to find the missing parents, now knowing about the Nemeton, Scott was decided to track them by scent, of course, while she was at the clinic, Esther tried to explain that with the type of magic Jennifer was using, that would make that task impossible, but the bunch was clearly hardheaded, so, that's why Alistair was there again, in the Argents house, alongside Scott, Isaac, and Allison.

Upon entering, something none of them was expecting, was to see Scott's father, Agent Rafael of the FBI, sitting on Chris's desk, with most of his weapons on view.

As Alistair was besides Allison when she opened the door, they were the first ones to see the three men in the room, Alistair stopped in his tracks, raising an inquisitive brow. Scott was trailing behind them, being seen too, and Isaac tried to stay behind the wall to leave, before being called out by Rafael. Scott's expression showed not only his shock, seeing the man, but also the resentment he felt towards his poor and failed attempt of father.

(...)

Twenty minutes later the four teenagers are seated in front of the officers, with Agent McCall questioning them about all the missing parents, they were clearly not cooperating, and the man was starting to get desperate. The four of them carried bored expressions, not taking seriously the situation in the slightest. Hell, Isaac found a damn snack in God know where.

"You can't keep us here." Were Scott's words. At that moment, Alistair picked his phone from his pocket and called his father.

"Not without a judge's order." Allison complimented.

"I have a table full of probably cause." Answered stubbornly the man, Alistair was starting to see the similarities between father and son; hell, he knew he'd have Scott at his throat if he ever said that out loud. He just laughed to himself.

David's voice crackled through the speakerphone, filling the room with tension. "Hey Al, something wrong?" His words hung in the air, capturing the attention of everyone present. All eyes turned towards Alistair, or, more specifically, his phone.

"No, dad, just... you didn't tell me how two of your deputies were raiding Chris' apartment alongside an FBI agent. You're on speaker, by the way." Alistair's voice carried some smug to it, never looking away from the men. He saw very clearly how the two deputies tensed, looking at the ceiling as if they were in silent prayers.

There was a brief pause on the other end of the line before David spoke again. "There's no judge order to do that yet." Alistair glanced at Rafael, raising an eyebrow in silent inquiry. "It's Agent McCall, the FBI agent, perhaps?" he questioned.

"Undersheriff Rookwood," Rafael responded curtly, his words laced with restrained irritation.

Alistair nodded, absorbing the information. "That was all I needed, dad. See you later, love ya."