37- comp day pt. 2

~Song: Sue me

~Song: Sue me

Once the cameras stopped flashing I let the smile drop.

I was exhausted, and only had time to now process it.

Not just physically, but mentally.

I was worried I wouldn't be able to find the board in the sushi roll, worried the right wave wasn't going to come, worried about the party, worried about Finn.

I was worried and tired from the lack of sleep.

Tired from the fake act that I put up for awards.

Tired of my O'Neal person not saying shit to me, feeling like I was walking on egg shells.

My arms were tired from paddling, and my rib cage felt bruised.

So when I stepped off of the podium I was glad Brady wrapped me in my towel.

"Thanks." I mumbled grabbing it and pulling it close.

I stepped away from the crowd and went back over to the masters tent knowing that I could sit outside of it.

Sam sat there, still looking down at her metal.

It hurt me inside, knowing Sam probably thought she wasn't that great of a surfer.

But she should have got second.

She had more moves, better tech, and longer rides that Kia.

"Good job Sam." I said with a smile.

She looked at me, grinning from ear to ear.

"Thanks, and good job to you too. I mean you probably thought you were going to win." She rambled, her hand still not letting go of the metal

I shrugged.

"I never know what going to happen." I replied honestly.

I wasn't Kia, at least not any more. I don't pay to win, so I don't know what the results could be.

One of these days Kia could pay enough to win.

"2 minutes left of the break men's 17-18 surfers!" The announcer stated

I watched as Luke and Ryan stood up and began stretching.

Ryan picked up his board and brushed back his blonde hair.

"What no luck?" He asked with a smirk looking back at me and the girls.

I laughed and shook my head.

"Your ego doesn't need luck Ryan." I replied

"Truth, bless, thank you for the complement your highness." Ryan jokingly said before walking over to the cone.

Luke shook his head, walking up to me he kneeled down next to me.

"Hey good job, sorry I could be there." He said kissing me lightly on top of the head.