9- The Queen

~Song: Part of Me

~Song: Part of Me

I leaned back in my seat bringing my drink to my lips as I listened to Ella tell a story.

"And then Mr. Collins was like..." she continued on

Sam just rolled her eyes standing up to go get another drink, Nora following quickly behind.

Almost everyone got here on time and we'd done nothing but talk, drink, and listen to music.

I had chosen to sit next to Luke and Ryan, I hadn't really had a chance to talk to them my first time meeting them so I figured now was a good chance.

"So I heard the queen took you around today." Ryan said with a smug look on his face.

I nodded my head, getting used to everyone calling Nora "the queen."

"How was it?" Ryan asked trying to start a conversation

"It was good," I replied recalling me and Nora's day, though most of it was spent in the Yatch Club.

My mind still sat on the Kia girl and what was going on between her and Nora.

"Hey, I figured that if I'm living with Nora I might as well understand one thing." I said hoping the question would awnser some of my impending thoughts, "why does everyone call her the queen?"

Luke laughed slightly, watching Nora as she made her way back to her seat.

"She probably down played it didn't she." Ryan said before standing up to grab a bag of chips

"Nora's a beast at surfing." Luke explained, "no one is better than her, I mean Kia comes close but she can't shread like Nora can."

No wonder Nora hadn't gone into much detail about her surfing. She talked a lot about the way everyone else surfed, but never about herself.

"She's kind of quieter about it, you know. There's sponsors though, you should see her comp board." Ryan explained

"But that also adds a lot of controversy." Luke added on to Ryans statements almost giving him a harsher look.

Ryan sighed and leaned back in his boat seat.

"How can there be controversy if She's so good?" I asked watching as the girls pulled out a hame of twister.

Maddie immediately grabbed the spinner from Leah as they began to play.

"When Nora first started to get recognized she wasn't apart of a surf club. Locals recruited her hard and eventually she picked the Brookies." Luke explained his jaw becoming tight.

His eyes became slightly darker as well, like he was remembering a time he didn't want to.

"Nora didn't know it but Brooker was paying off the judges to give her higher scores than she deserved." Luke continued

I looked over at Nora in some sort of surprise, her a brookie? I'd barely been here 2 days but even I didn't pin her as a brookie.

She was more quiet and reserved, not like Kia.

"Got it." I stated watching as Leah laughed.

Nora had to reposition herself to get one hand on red and she was currently twisted around Sam who was laughing so hard she was going to fall down.

"Its getting alittle proactive over there ladies!" Ryan yelled with a smirk on his face

Almost all at once the girl moved there head to look at him. And in unison they yelled

"Shut up Ryan!"

Ryan just laughed and continued to watch them play.

I did the same watching as Nora struggled to move around Sam and Ella.

Maddie spun the spinner again and almost immedetly you could see as each one of the girls groaned.

"I am not doing that." Ella stated

"Just try." Maddie stated

And they did try before they all collapsed, Ella fell directly on Sam and Nora managed to slide out of the way But still laid on the boat deck laughing and looking up at the sky.

Maddie looked at them all with delight before looking over at me, Luke, and Ryan.

"You boys want to play?" She asked

Immediately me and Luke shook our heads no, but Ryan stood up and began walking over

"I'm always a slut for twister." He said with a smirk on his face.

Luke scuffed slightly, rolling his eyes. We both watched as Ryan began playing a game of twister before Luke spoke.

"So how was your first official day in Ocean Bay?" He asked before taking a drink, digging further into the question.

"Not bad, Can't say I'm overall thrilled to be away from home but this is good as well." I replied honestly

Luke nodded his head, showing he understood.

"No I get it, when I first moved here I wasn't thrilled to be around either." He explained.

"How long did you live with Nora?" I asked, curiousity taking over me

"3 years." He said with a smile in his face, "God shes an awful roommate let me tell you."

His voice held a joking tone and I laughed.

Luke reminded me a lot of a friend I used to have back home.

"But seriously, she's nice, despite what you probably saw today." He said

"Yeah she's been good so far. I can't complain as far as roommates go." I stated

Luke just smiled, I could practically see the thoughts piling up in his brain.

"You think she's hot, don't you?" He asked the smirk still present

I looked at him kind of shocked, Luke was after all, her brother.

"Its ok you can tell me, everyone does." He said keeping his eye on Nora

I watched him, he had that look of an over protective dad on his face as he watch Ryan high five her.

"Yeah she's hot, but trust me us being roommates I don't think even crossing that bridge would be a good idea." I said trying to reason with him

He just nodded his head, his eyes still focused on Nora.

"Ok." Was all he said and deep down I felt a shover in my bones.

Even though I wasn't even romantically interested in Nora I felt intimated.

Luke played the role of an older brother well, so well I could feel my heart skip.

"Trust me, I won't let anything happen." I stated one last time before standing up to throw out my drink.

Luke smirked, knowing he'd made me nervous.

Nora said he'd been said they started fostering Luke 4 years ago. I wonder what his life was like before foster care, because he had a terrifying look in his eyes.

Words: 1081