*Chapter 13*

I woke up with my face buried in something warm. Looking up I saw that Jeff had his arm around me. I look over to see he had takin his bloody whit hoody off and was wearing a black t-shirt. I smiled. He was so cute when he slept considering he barely had any eyelid to cover his eyes. I laid in his arms just enjoying his company when I felt him move.

"Good morning babe." He said stretching and kissing my head. I giggled and combed my fingers through my hair. He smiled and messed it up again. I gave him an annoyed look and he shrugged. He gave me hug.

"I got to go check up on Sally. I told her I wouldn't be gone long." He gave me a sorry face. I just smiled and kissed his cheek.

"Your so sweet to her."

"Ya. She's like a little sister." He half smiled looking at the floor.

"Get outta' here." I kicked his butt. He laughed.

"See you later Hope." He said as he walked out the window. Nothing is sweeter then when a guy is sweet to kids.

The rest of the day was pretty quiet. Sarah and Rhett visited with my mom. And I watched TV once they left. Jeff didn't come back that night but it was okay. I knew he loved me. I went to sleep that night thinking about him.

__________________________________________________________________

"Rise and shin sleepy head!" A cheery nurse woke me up the next morning. I had never seen her before. "What would you like for breakfast?" She asked smiling at me.

"Um I'm not really hungry." I mumbled half asleep. She just laughed at me.

"We'll you've got to eat something silly head!" She laughed at me.

"Can I just have a cup of coffee?" I asked

"Ok. I'll bring you a muffin too. Because its not healthy to not eat." She laughed again. Wow talk about annoying.

"Okay." I forced a fake smile and she left. Then it hit me. I was getting out of here tomorrow! I laid back in my pillow feeling relived that I was going to be in my own bed. The nurse brought my coffee and the biggest muffin I had ever seen in my life. I thought Jeff might want it so I put it in a bag and put the bag in my purse that was sitting on a side table next to me. I layer in bed not knowing what to do. Then the cheery nurse came in again.

"You can walk around the hospital since today's your lat day." She smiled. I got up and made my way down the hall way stretching my legs. I saw my mom sitting in the little kid room reading story's aloud to a group of about 10 little girls. I walked over and sat down. My mom smiled at me and kept reading. I thought it was sweet that my mom was doing that. When she finished she gave me a big hug.

"That was really nice of you mom." I said hugging her.

"It was a group of girls with cancer." She had tears in her eyes.

"Oh...mom." I gave her a hug. My mo really loved children and hated seeing them get hurt. I held her tight. Then she pushed off wiping her eyes.

"Are you ready to be eighteen?" She asked me with a big smile on her face. I couldn't help but smile.

"Ya. I'm ready."

"Go back to your room. I have an early birthday present for you." She winked at me and walked off. I walked back to my room and sat on my bed waiting for my mom. I saw her walk in with a small box and a letter.

"Mom, I don't have to open this right now." I said to her. She just smiled.

"Trust me. Your going to want t open this before tomorrow." I opened the card first and saw it said, 'Happy 18th baby girl.' I laughed. When I opened it tears swelled p in my eyes. I read it. In a specific hand weighting it said,

'I remember when I held you in my arms for the first time. I never wanted to let you go. I never let any one hold you. But now your grown up and I'm going to miss my little baby girl. With lots of love, Daddy.'

"How-" my mom cut me off

"Open the box." Her voice shaky. I saw keys. I look up at her confused.

"It was your dads idea," she laughed, "we toured billions of apartments. But we finally found the perfect one. It's just an hour away from the house so that I can check on you if I need to. But far enough away so you can feel independent." She smiled at me. I hugged her and cried in her arms.

"You and dad got me my own place." I smiled tears streaming my face.

"He knew what he wanted your big present to be before..." She looked down. I hugged her again as she cried into my shoulder.

"Thank you." I whispered to her.

"Of course baby." She whispered back. It was getting late and my mom had to go take care of Rhett. I kissed her and she left. I sat there and cried to myself. I then felt arms holding me. I smiled and kissed his cheek.

"What's wrong?" Jeff asked. I handed him the card and he read it.

"What does it mean?" He asked his voice much quieter.

"Him and my mom got me an apartment." I smiled. He smiled back.

"I'm sorry," he whispered in my ear.

"I have already forgiven you." I chuckled kissing his ear.

"I'm just... haunted by it. I love you so much and I hate that I hurt you like that."

"Jeff, I'm okay now. I was just a little stunned to get a present from my dad. That's all." He kissed me. I snuggled into his chest. I could fell his warm breath on my neck as he slowly fell asleep. I sat their in his arms.

"I love you." I whispered. I felt him chuckle.

"Love you too." He said partly sleeping. I instantly fell asleep again.

___________________________________________________________________

AN: ok so I really hoped you liked this chapter! Sorry it was a little short but I try my best. Any way I would appreciate it if you VOTE for this story and leave a COMENT if you love (or hate) the story. You can also leave suggestions for what you want to happen next. :)

Ok luves you guys. XOXO

~Hope