Aghwa

Meerab walked to where her luggage was. The room was large and spacious. There was a large window leading to a balcony. In the haveli, Murtasim's room was on the ground floor so unfortunately she did not have a balcony to sit on like she did in her parents home.

Meerab explored the room. It had a king bed, similar to the one in haveli but this one had a velvet headboard which reached the ceiling. She walked into the closet and found it was larger and had a whole wall for a dressing table. The finish was white. Clean. Just like Meerab had liked.

The bathroom was also beautiful. It had a jacuzzi bathtub with a separate shower which had two heads. There were two sinks and a huge mirror. Meerab nodded, impressed.

Meerab went into her suitcase and picked out a pastel yellow frock. She changed her clothes and went into the kitchen to Mai. 

'Mai mein Bahar jaa rahi ho, 1 ghante mein waapis aa jao ghi' Meerab turned around to leave. 'Aap akeli jai ghi?' Mai spoke as she stopped cutting her vegetables. (I'm going out, I'll be back in an hour) (you're going alone?)

'Ji bas mein ai' She smiled at Mai who had a stressed look on her face. 'Aap ne khan se poocha?' Meerab's eyes furrowed as she crossed her arms over her chest. 'Unse kyu?' Why did he need to know? (yes, Ill be back in a bit) (Did you ask khan?) (why him?) 

'Khan ko pata hona chaye, aap ke saat mulaazim honi chaye' Mai explained. 'Mai, mein pehle bei Khud Jaati ti aur ab bhi, Allah Hafiz' Meerab turned around and left. She could hear Mai saying something but she ignored it. (he should know and there should be a maid with you) (Mai, I used to go out alone before aswell and will now aswell, bye)

Meerab walked out of the gate again after the gateman told her it was unsafe but Meerab did not care. Murtasim is just trying to control you Meerab.

Meerab walked out the gate and fresh air hit her. The sun was out but it wasn't scorching like it was earlier. The trees moved slowly and she saw the km's of land in front of her. The hardworking men and kids playing in the fields. Meerab smiled at them and walked on a path. 

Meerab stuck in her thoughts, admiring the beautiful view and the fresh air. She finally felt free. In the last few days she had gotten married and silently conformed to the rules set by the haveli. She saw a side of Murtasim which she didn't quite see before but her mind was still stuck on the change in behaviour he showed today morning. She was surprised overall at his behaviour. His flirting surprised her the most. Why was he doing it? Was he trying to test her? How will she get out of this?

Meerab's thoughts and body halted when she heard a deep voice scream. Meerab's heart almost dropped. She was almost about to come under a tractor. The tractor was huge and a man came off it. 'Baji, aap kya kar rahi hai? Mujhe marwana hai kya?' The man put his hand out in a accusing manner and Meerab stepped back in nervousness. (sister, what are you doing?)

'Maaf ki jiye bhai, mein apni sooch me thi' Meerab said as she tried to move away from the tractor and carry on her walk. (forgive me brother, I was in my own thoughts)

'Wese baji aap ko khabi nahi yaha Dheka?' The man scanned her from head to toe and Meerab all of a sudden felt uncomfortable in his presence. Meerab scanned the area, trying to see if she could see another person as a witness in case anything happened but the fields were green and no man could be seen. (sister, I have never seen you here before)

Meerab fixed her dupatta over her chest, something she'd never really done much before. 'Mein chalti ho' Meerab tried to walk past him but he took a large step towards her, making her take a step back at his large form suddenly trapping her. 'Aap toh idar se nahi hai?' His smile was all of a sudden sinister. (I'm going) (you're not from here?)