2- 𝓟𝓪𝓼𝓽𝓼

Song: River of Tears- Alessia Cara

EMIA ZEOS

7 years ago

This was it; the mafia war.

The turbulent sea clashed against the docks, compelling the ships to fall to the mercy of the waters, swaying along with the strong current.

It was raining; heavily. Lightning flashed across the vast grey skies, the screams of agony and misery filling the atmosphere, thus creating a somber aura.

I stared at the blood on my hands, the rain washing it down, creating a small puddle of blood at which I sat. I looked back at the trail of the water-diluted blood from the path where I came, my vision blurring slightly.

All of it was mine.

There was a small gash at the top left corner of my forehead, the crimson liquid spewing out, covering every part of my face. I looked like a monster.

I am a monster; a bloodthirsty one.

My head throbbed due to the amount of gore I was losing at an unbearably fast pace.

I panted as I ran around haphazardly, looking for a place to take cover, the shots unending. I jumped over the car that was flipped over and now on its side, using it as a shield from the bullets flying in from all directions, mercilessly killing anyone I came across. And at the worst timing ever, I had run out of ammo.

Well, shit.

I stayed there for a while, trying to catch my breath, and soon enough, the shots faded into the distance. A powerful bolt of lightning struck the mast of the large ship, breaking the base and causing it to let loose, creating an awful screeching sound and causing a powerful impact with the container below, completely destroying it and spilling out its contents.

I sighed, leaning my head against the car. 'My life is an action movie' I thought.

'So much for a day off,' I breathed as I shut my eyes, laughing to myself, my breaths cut short, my hands instinctively going to my mouth, covering the series of severe coughs following suit.
'How the heck are you even laughing in this situation?' my inner voice Emily asked. That's right, you heard me. I said Emily because she's a total Emily (you know what I mean, pick-me-girl).

'Shut up, Emily,' I let out a small smile. I looked back at my hand; blood.

Stay positive, they say. Everything will be okay, they say. You'll be fine, they say.