Forging a god-killer

Start from the beginning

As to how I felt about it...I was conflicted. I still had some feelings for them, but those were fleeting more and more by the day and were slowly but surely being replaced with a new attention on the two beings who actually made an effort to show their feelings. I didn't make any effort to stop them though since I didn't want to say something that could just worsen their situation with me and Issei. Knowing me, whatever I will say is probably going to make the situation worse.

Right about now I was hanging out with the boys of the ORC in Kiba's room as we were all hanging out together. Right now, Gasper and Kiba were playing some sort of fighting game while me and Issei were trying to learn the basics of poker while Jörmungandr tried to teach us the basic rules of the game. Fenrir and his children were playing Uno on the ground right next to us.

Right now...the lesson...

"How the hell did you learn to play this one Jörm!? This is completely absurd to just pick up on your own."

Jörmungandr chuckled.

Jörmungandr: "Believe it or not, me, Vrita, Tiamat, Fafnir, Tannin, and Yu-Long often played these types of games together before the Aesir threw me into the Asgardian sea. It was our own way of passing time and not having to worry about any other supernatural matters."

Issei's gauntlet formed on his hand and Ddraig's voice was heard.

Ddraig: "I also participated in those games, I'll have you know. The white one and I were the best at it."

Jörmungandr deadpanned at Issei's gauntlet

Jörmungandr: "We only lost those games because you and Albion would be at each other's throats the second you two had a decent deck and would destroy the table in the process."

Issei: "Wait what...?"

"Damn Ddraig. Was your beef with Albion that intense?"

Fenrir sighed.

Fenrir: "Yes...yes it fucking was."

Jörmungandr briefly explained the game and showed us a picture with all the card hands you could use to win and then taught us the basics of betting, raising, calling, checking and all of that fancy stuff alongside the basics of how to acquire new cards to improve your hand. In the end Jörm completely destroyed us and we began to join Fenrir and his sons while playing Uno. He restarted the game, much to the shagrinn of Hati who only had two cards. Once he gave us all of our cards, he placed down a red 4.

Fenrir: "So...Uncle Eíthürr...have you made any progress with Leia and Sona?"

Hati slapped a yellow four onto the pile, which Jörmungandr followed with a yellow 8.

"Erm...I guess. Sona's actually a pretty cute girl once you begin to see how she really is. Leia in general is just adorable. I've been introducing her to Kuoh town."

Issei put a yellow 2 onto the pile, I looked at my deck...and realized I didn't have any yellows.

"Shit...no yellows."

I thankfully pulled out a green 2 I had and placed it down.

Gasper: "Hey, you guys got room for two more?"

Fenrir: "Be our guest."

So then they joined.