🦋Chapter 3🖤

Start from the beginning

Umar, I guess that's his name.

"Hmph" he sighed angrily at me before moving out of the way for me to pass still staring at me, I quickly walked pass him, walking quickly as well.

I didn't bother looking back and walked as fast as my legs could carry, I'm sure this man hates me even more by now, why can't I just look at where I'm going to avoid bumping into people.

I felt so angry at myself as I kept walking, this time I was walking normally, I was far from the library now and felt so relieved.

Now I waiting for the Uber I ordered to arrive cause my driver wasn't available.

I stood by the side of the road hoping it would arrive quicker when a car stopped in front of me,

I moved back a little not to let my guard down when the window was swined down.

"Aliyu" I said looking at the man inside the car.

"Assar, how are you?" He asked smiling at me

"I'm fine, how are you?" I asked smiling back at him.

"I'm doing very well, why are you standing here?" He asked me when someone inside the car cracked him throats to be noticed.

"Let's go, we don't have time for this" the voice said in a very cold tone.

"Relax, she's my sisters friend" Aliyu responded to the voice

"Hmph" he sighed, which sounded just like the man I bumped into.

"Assar, greet my friend" Aliyu said and he swined the window to the back door open.

"Hm?" I sighed, he was looking straight ahead not bothering to look at me.

"Good evening" I managed to say already feeling like a burden to him, but he was silent.

Yes, he definitely ignored me

"Aliyu, I'll leave now" I said

"No, Arman com'on she's greeting you" he said and the man sitting behind looked at me.

*Sighed in surprise*

It's him, the man same man who slapped me at the airport.

How did Aliyu know him?
What's he his friend or boss?

Many thoughts ran through my head and I stared at him, his expression also changed, seemed like he also recognized me.

"You?" I said getting angry.

"You?" He said raising a brow, I don't know if he was acting clueless or he forgot whom I was but looked familiar to him.

"Aliyu, what are you doing with this man?" I asked looking over to Aliyu.

"His my friend and business partner" Aliyu responded

"Assar look I'm sure you must remember him, but he already apologized to your parents for what he did, Assar his sorry" Aliyu said

"If his sorry, why can't he apologize to me directly, why does he have to apologize to my parents, I'm I not the one he slapped?" I said getting angry and upset.

"Why should I apologize to you, If you had just kept your mouth shut I wouldn't have wasted my time on you" he said in the rudest tone looking up and down at me like I was a worthless asset

"Arman please be calm I'll handle this" Aliyu said to him and then looked back at me

"Kept my mouth shut?" I said giving him a questioning look

"Pathetic" he said and sighed annoyed by me

"That's enough" a voice behind me said as we all looked in the direction of the voice.

It was him, Umar, with the nice man  beside him.

They were standing at a far distance and was walking closer to us now.

"You should mind the way to speak to a lady" he said to Arman, "no matter how annoying she might be" he said looking at me.

"Why don't you take her and leave then" Arman said as Umar looked at me.

"I'm unfortunately uninterested in her" Umar said looking at me

"Why don't you leave instead" he continued looking at Arman, as Arman looked at me from head to toe one more time signalling for Aliyu to drive.

"I'm so sorry Assar" Aliyu said as he started the car "please don't be upset" he said before driving away.

"Assar, it is" Umar said turning to face me

"That's your name" he said raising a brow at me.

I couldn't respond, now I felt unfortunately stupid, I embarrassed myself in front of 4 men and this one has just been quiet.

"It's okay Umar, she's just a child, let's leave" he said to Umar.

"Hmph* Umar sighed annoyed before walking away.

"I'm so sorry by his attitude" the man said to me

"My name is Kabir, I'm Umar's younger brother" he said extending his hands for me to shake as I ignored it.

"I'm sure you must be upset by what just happened, but that man Arman, his bad news, you should stay away from him as much as you can" he said

"And Aliyu as well, his not what he might seem to be" he said which got me confused

"What do you mean Aliyu isn't whom he appears to be, I've know him since I was a child" I said not understanding what he was saying.

"You'll understand it better someday but for now I have to leave, just avoid these three men for now, Arman, Aliyu and Umar as well, especially Umar" he said and with that he left and I just stared at him walking away.

"What just happened?" I asked myself when the sounds of horns got my attention, it was my Uber.

I got in and it drove me home.

(*Flashbacks ends*)

He was right, all this was my fault from the start, I should have avoided all of them when Kabir told me to.

Now here I am trapped in the house, as a wife to a man whom hated me.