"She's a Morretti." I shrugged taking my moms coat and laying it over the back of the sofa.

My mom scoffed at my words.

"So she's a lesbian and a Morretti. Filth." She spat. "Stay away from that girl. She's bad news." She said walking into the kitchen.

I sighed as she walked out of view. The way she was talking about a woman I barely knew didn't sit right with me. I quickly put on my fake smile and followed her into the kitchen.

My mom comes over every Wednesday to make dinner and eat with me. She knows I'm busy so she doesn't make me come to Manhattan for dinners anymore.

It's usually nice. But I can tell today is going to be all about the big ol' lesbian she saw next door.

I grabbed the wine off the shelf and poured myself a glass.

My mom and I made a lasagna and sat and watch Real housewives together until it was ready to be eaten. I didn't really pay attention to the show.

My mind kept wandering to the hazel eyed woman next door.

What was she doing right now? Was she really going to solve my theft problem? Would I see her tomorrow morning?

My mother and I ate our food while my mother ranted about how liberals are ruining the country. I just chewed my food and listened. There's really know changing mothers mind about anything.

Soon it was 7:30 PM and my mother was putting her coat on to leave. She peaked her head out the window to see if Gia was out there. I should my head and chuckled behind her back.

"Coast is clear darling. Walk me to my car?" She asked smiling at me.

"Sure ma." I said sliding on my shoes and opening the door for her. She walked by me and down the steps to her Lincoln.

"Thanks for dinner honey. I love you." She said hugging me around my shoulders. I wrapped a arm around her back and gave her a small pat.

"Love you too ma." I said smiling. I pulled away and opened her door, ready to be rid of her.

She smiled and climbed into her car. I closed the door and walked over to the sidewalk and pulled my gray cardigan tighter around my body as she pulled away.

"Hello sweetheart." I heard from behind me.

I spun around quickly and found Gia walking down the stairs towards me.

"That woman gave me the same look earlier that you did in the 8th grade." She chuckled walking up to me.

She looked just as gorgeous as she did when I saw her earlier accept now her brown hair was tied up in a high ponytail.

"Oh? And what look is that?" I said crossing my arms and raising an eyebrow at her.

"Like I'm the Devil incarnate." She grinned showing me her perfect teeth.

"Aren't you? Being a mob boss and all?" I said trying not to think about how good she looks.

"I'm supposed to be." She chuckled and shrugged.

I stared into her eyes trying to figure out the meaning behind her words. She grew nervous under my gaze quickly and brought a hand up to the back of her neck and looked down.

"Listen about earlier. I'm sorry if I offended you. I had no idea..." she started.

Gia Morretti apologizing to me? This must be an alternate reality.

"No idea that I'm a lesbian? How could you have known?" I chuckled.

"Well I'm sorry anyways. I've got to get to a meeting. Do you still not want me to come to your shop tomorrow?" She asked taking her keys out and remote started the white car.