Wished for a Desired Island

Written by:
Athena Guarda &
Chloe Guarda Virtudes

[Part 1]

----> March 8, 1884.
Klisi Citadel, Senimynd.

---> Stephen went to the Klisi Citadel just for a vacation. When he arrived, he first went to an inn to stay in for his two week stay.
( 5:56 pm) After he had done that, he went to a market to buy some fruits for him to eat. When he had a paper bag filled with fruits, a woman bumped into him...

*Woman: I'm sorry...

*Stephen: It's okay.

---> For the first time, Stephen had a heart... Okay, that seems too harsh. Anyways, the woman helped him pick up the fruits and put it back to the paper bag, Stephen notices that she was wearing a headpiece of a cloth wrapping her head around it. From the bump, she looked like she was running away from something, so Stephen decided to introduce himself and ask what is going on.

*Stephen: Uhm... Hello, Miss. I'm Stephen Martin Daya. What is your name?

*Woman: I'd rather not say. Anyways, I have a favor... I know we've just met, but I need someone to help me so poorly.

*Stephen: Okay, what is it?

*Woman: I'm escaping from the palace guards. I need to go somewhere that is out of reach or sight from them.

*Stephen: Are you a prisoner!?

*Woman: No!?

*Stephen: Then why are you running from them?!

*Woman: Lower your thunderous voice!

*Stephen: Okay, I kind of know a place.

*Woman: Not a public one... If the press saw me, they will keep asking me questions.

*Stephen: Mountain, let's go to a mountain. There is a mountain inside the citadel...

*Woman: The one with the overlooking view.

*Stephen: Yes.
_______________

----> They were caught by guards and started running to the mountain they were talking about, since the guards are not allowed to go to the mountains for somewhat weird law, they stopped. Stephen and the woman went to a flat area of the mountain. The sun was setting, and the time was about to be 7 pm. Stephen and the woman were sitting to watch the moonrise. When the moon risen, the woman said something.

*Woman: Today's a waxing gibbous. The moon is very lovely today.

*Stephen: I know that... It's about 84.6% illumination.

*Woman: You're smart, what's your occupation?

*Stephen: I'm an astrophysicist and a flight controller in Astromynd, I'm just taking a vacation for myself here.

*Woman: Oh...

*Stephen: What's your occupation?

*Woman: If I tell you, you won't tell anyone?

*Stephen: You have my word.

*Woman: I'm Evelyn Sage Seni. I am the grand princess of this country. I escaped the palace because my mother wouldn't let me go outside.

*Stephen: Oh... Sorry if I uhmm... I don't know, disrespected you?

*Evelyn: You're so disrespectful to a princess!

*Stephen: I'm so sorry!

----> Stephen bowed down to apologize then Evelyn started laughing.

*Evelyn: I was kidding!

*Stephen: Oh. Ah...

*Evelyn: I should probably get back...

*Stephen: Yes, you should. I wonder why your mother wouldn't let you outside.

*Evelyn: I'll get swarmed by the press.

*Stephen: Didn't your mother also experienced that, why won't she teach you to get away from the press or have guards protecting you?

*Evelyn: I don't know. All I know that she lost a daughter...

*Stephen: Oh, I'm sorry about that.

*Evelyn: It's okay, but... When will you stop bowing to me?

*Stephen: Oh, right...

----> Stephen sat back up and took  two fruits, he gave the other one to Evelyn.

*Stephen: Eat up, Princess Evelyn.

*Evelyn: Just call me Evelyn. I don't want any royal ranks before my name.

*Stephen: Okay then. Your name...

*Evelyn: What's with my name?

*Stephen: It sounds very pretty. Just like you...

----> Evelyn's face turned red like a tomato and replied.

*Evelyn: That's why I love it.

*Stephen: Same here... It means, Wished for, desired, and island; right?

*Evelyn: Yes...

*Stephen: It kind of sounds like my father's book; "Wished for a Desired Island".

*Evelyn: I think I've heard that poem before... It's one of my favorites. Sullivan Loren Daya, right?

*Stephen: Yes.

*Evelyn: Isn't the last name "Daya" a family in Grafomynd?

*Stephen: Yes, but we moved to the capital city of Astromynd.

*Evelyn: Good to know... Anyways, I really got to go back to the palace. If you want to talk more, we can talk through telegrams... It's around 2 hours away from Lunamyndz and only a few minutes in the citadel.

*Stephen: I would love to engage a conversation with you.

*Evelyn: Okay then, I got to go...

----> When Evelyn went back down, Stephen felt lonely all of a sudden. He grabbed an apple and ate it while watching the moon rising higher. An hour later, he went down from the mountain and to the inn.

___________

(To be continued 💞💞)