Memories

Written by: Vito Ezio Manigo

"Why'd you want to know?"
Catherine looked down and said: "Well, for no reason... I really don't know what happened to you two and probably make me forget about Louis a bit..."

"Okay then," Francis said,

"October 3, 1873... It was when we first met and the love we thought will never be separated. "

October 3, 1873

Dasha came to Francis with a new book that she found.

*Dasha: Francis! Look at this new book I found!
*Francis: Let's read it at the library, shall we?

Dasha agreed happily. While they were en route to the library, Francis told Dasha something while walking;
"Hey, in 4 months will be Valentine's Day..."

*Dasha: Oh right...

Dasha seems to be concerned about something.

*Francis: What's wrong?
*Dasha: I'm kind of worried that I might not buy you chocolates this upcoming Valentine's Day...

*Francis: It's alright; anyways, let's go to the library to read that book of yours.

They arrive and started reading...

4 months have passed, it is now February 14, 1874 or "Valentine's Day". The time is currently 11:10 am.

Outside Dasha's house:
*Dasha: Where is he? He's 10 minutes late... Again!

Francis arrives in a jiffy.

*Francis: I'm sorry that I am late.

*Dasha: You're always late on Valentine's Day!

Dasha was looking at him angrily.

"I woke up late, I apologize." Said Francis.

"Fine, I'll let it pass."
Dasha replied.

Francis grabbed a bar of chocolate from his pocket and said; "Here is the chocolate, my mother made it... It's alright if you don't have some for-"

An abrupt stop came to Francis...

"Surprise!! I do have chocolates!"

Dasha said as she smiles showing the 2 bars of chocolates she have.

*Francis: As friends?

*Dasha: As friends!

They keep doing this for 5 years straight until October 30, 1879...

When they were walking from their local library at Kennedy Avenue, they were done reading for the day until Francis stopped walking and faced Dasha...

*Francis: I have a confession to make...

*Dasha: Hmm?

*Francis: For the last 6 years, I have loved you. I cannot contain my love from you anymore, so... I love you.

Dasha is speechless as she cannot say anything and starts to turn red...
Finally, a few moments later... Dasha finally spoke.
"I have loved you too and I hope we can be more than friends."

In a few months of dating, Francis proposed to Dasha.

December 5, 1879, the date of their wedding. It seems it was too soon, yes? Their love was so strong, nothing can stop it... 2 days before their wedding, Francis and his family lost all their money. Even when this happen, the wedding was still not postponed. His parents told him that his friend, Louis Kennedy Rayne, offered Francis to be his temporary butler whilst his first butler is in a hospital because of his daughter's cancer. Francis became the permanent butler because of the first butler's retirement.

December 5, 1879. It was their wedding day, both of their family are so proud. They exchanged vows and are officially married.

A few hours later, the wedding was done.

August 1, 1881. It was Louis and Catherine's wedding it was also Dasha's father's funeral. Since Francis had to be at the wedding; he will go to her father's funeral after. Francis' mother went to the funeral to give fruits mostly for the funeral and some for Dasha too.

When the wedding ended, Francis was getting dressed to go to the funeral. Then Louis knocks and said there were two letters for him and slide them under the door. He read the first one...

"Oh Kevin, When will you come back?
-Dasha"

Francis thought it was just a coincidence that this person is also named Dasha and not his wife.
He opened the second letter, it was the same content but with different names...
"To: Kevin Blitz Fredson
From: Dasha Jasmine Roselle 6th"

Reading those two letters alone made him furious. Who wouldn't be mad when their love one cheats after marriage... Maybe this was even BEFORE the marriage!?

He ran to the funeral to tell everyone about this... Francis starts getting random conclusions like, if Dasha is just using him for money, but Dasha isn't the type of person to swindle... When he arrived, there were no people left; when he opened Dasha's bedroom door, he saw his own mother in a pool of blood, dead. This view was enough to make Francis burst into tears. He called the police, but when they arrived, Francis didn't notice that Dasha was gone. But they knew that it was Dasha because the knife that she used for killing was on the mother's left hand had her fingerprints and they examine the body that it was dead 19 minutes before Francis called the police.

After his mother's funeral, he filed a divorce in court and they are now exes.

"So that's what happened."
Catherine was so shocked and said...

"I am so sorry about what happened! I'm so sorry that I asked and make you remember hard times..."

Francis smiled and replied,
"Lady Catherine, though I envy you and sire having a healthy relationship, I want to know what is your " love story" with him..."

Catherine smiled and starts telling him...

[To be continued in Chapter 6]

[Editing Athena here... I just wanna say that me and Vito will have a collaboration again called:

The False War: 1985.

It focuses on a general, preparing for war because a citizen assasinated the king of the opposing country.

That was just an advertisement.

Thank you for making it this far.]