Our true feelings

Chaeyoung's POV:

I am thrilled to know that my other best friend is going back to Korea. Well, Tzuyu is wrong about her assumption that I am dense when it comes to the confession that Somi did. I am fully aware of her feelings towards me. However, I am confused at that time since I am still on the part wherein I need to be sure of myself, or who really I am. You know, it's so hard to be cute! Although I am shy and not used to being the center of attention during my high school years, I always received confession letters and gifts either to boys or girls. They say I really gained popularity when I joined the basketball team and being the team captain. 

During those times, I actually felt something about Somi, but I cannot totally understand that not until she left. I tried to confess my feelings to her as well but it's too late. So, I ended up keeping what I truly feel to myself. I just focus my attention on my studies and luckily was able to get a scholarship to a prestigious school. Well, beauty and brain are my characters here! :) (Don't argue!)

Back to the story, when I started working at Myoui Corp, my real goal is just to save enough money so I can start building my own gallery. I thought that it was just a waste if I cannot use my profession right? But then, I have an array of thoughts when I met the CEO's daughter. I really don't know what happened but I always think about her. I know that she's so hard to get and I would never get her attention, but every time I look at her, I felt something - you know like a butterfly in my stomach. What's weird is that I didn't have the courage to talk to her but the feeling is like that every time she's closer to me. 

I confirmed my feelings to her when we were invited to join the party to formally introduced the CEO and her two cousins. We were located at the back part of the venue, maybe because we are just an employee and the front part is for the elite businessmen and businesswomen and high-rank politicians in this country. When Mrs. Sachiko called and formally introduced her daughter, I was hypnotized by her beauty. She radiates this cold but elegant and sophisticated lady that when she looks at you, you can't help but admire her. It was supposed to be a good night for us if only we didn't see the heiresses having a dance with the sons of the wealthy families invited to the party. Yes, I said "we", because my two friends here that goes by the name Tzuyu and Dahyun are staring at those guys coldly. We admitted our feelings to the heiresses when we had our dinner together.

Flashback:

"Hey, let's go on dinner!", Tzuyu said when she went to our department. The Art department staff are still working overtime as they need to finish the work before the given deadline. Dahyun and I are already done with the work and just fixing our things. "Sure, Tzuyu-yah! Can we just go with the others as well? You know, the more, the merrier!", I asked. 

"Sure, no problem with me!" Tzuyu said. Nayeon-unnie and Jongyeon-unnie agreed to join us while our team leader declined as she already had plans for that day. We then went down to the lobby and start looking for a restaurant to eat. While waiting for Jongyeon-unnie to fetch us with her car, we then spotted the three heiresses along with the three guys. 

"Hey, look! it seems that the heiresses are already committed. Well, there's nothing new about it, since wealthy families used to set an arranged marriage so that they can still protect their wealth. Poor women!", Nayeon said. Seeing Ms. Myoui smiling a bit at the guy she's with makes me feel uneasy. I don't know but I already lost my mood to eat at that time, if only I can suggest going home instead. Good thing that Jongyeon-unnie finally arrived, I immediately find a sit and put on my earphone, and listen to some music to distract myself from anything. When we passed by them, I saw that Ms. Myoui looked at us along with her two cousins. When we arrived at the restaurant, everyone is quiet until Nayeon-unnie speak, "Uhm, what happened to the three of you? Earlier today when we went down, the three of you are still happy and even bickering with each other, then all of a sudden, you stopped talking and kept quiet. Tell me, is this related to the scene we saw earlier?"

"No!", the three of us simultaneously denied. Jongyeon-unnie laughs out loud and even holds her stomach for too much laughing. We just glared at her but there was obvious blush on our faces. 

"Yeah, denied it all you want, but your face says otherwise!" Nayeon smirked while looking at us. 

"No, there's no reason for us to act that way, right? We are just seeing them with those guys. So what? They have the right to be who they want to be. As if I am fucking care!", Dahyun blurted out. 

"Yes, we are not jealous, no one has the right to be jealous, why would we even get jealous?", Chaeyoung said while tightly holding a spoon as if she wants to break it. 

Tzuyu even scoffed before speaking, "She said that she is a changed woman. Yes, she truly is. Maybe she is worst than before. Loyal? Sshh. Yes, there's no loyal snake and anaconda here on Earth! A promiscuous woman indeed!"

Nayeon and Jongyeon just look at each other before looking back at them. Then with a heavy sigh, Nayeon then asks the three to look at her. 

"You three are such an idiot! When you fell in love, there's no way for you to prevent it but to give it a shot. So what if they are the heiresses? Are they forbidden to fall in love with you gays? Remember that there's no perfect formula when you love someone. Be it with the opposite or same sex. Love is just love. You just embrace and accept it. You just have to confess to let that person know what you truly feel. You should be grateful and cherish the love if someone reciprocates it, but if not, then accept it and move forward". 

The three then looked at their unnie. Dahyun then asked, "Why did you know that? Have you ever fallen in love?" Nayeon then looked at Jongyeon then both hold each other's hands. Their eyes widened upon seeing it then Jongyeon speaks, "Hahaha! Can't believe it don't you? Yes, we are actually been together for about 4 years now. The bickering that you witness every day whenever we are in the office is just a normal act for us. That's a way for us to show our affection to each other. My babe is correct. There's no perfect formula when it comes to love. You just need to give it a shot and confess your feeling before you ever regret it. You just have to be true to yourself". At that point, we then realized what they are saying and finally smiled. 

End of Flashback. 

That day, we confessed our feelings for the heiresses but were afraid to directly say anything to them. We are thinking that we are far from the ideal type that they are looking for. First, we are women. In this country, having a relationship with the same sex is like a taboo and they felt like you are being immoral for being together. Fuck them! The second reason is our status. Although I can say that the three of us are part of a middle-class family, that will not be the same level as their backgrounds. All of them are beyond rich I must say. The third reason is that we are not sure if the feelings are mutual. Yes, we all know that we are cute but that's not an acceptable reason for them to accept us. We need to be on par with them if we want to woo them. So, for that three reasons, we are 1000000000% sure that this will only be a one-sided love and we just need to give up. 

After that eye-sore scene at the party, we three decided to leave already and ended up eating at the convenience store across the venue. We are enjoying our food when I noticed that there was someone in front of me. When I looked up, I widened my eyes from shock. The girl that I am thinking about is right in front of me. I suddenly stood up and bow to greet her and her two cousins. I even asked the reason why they are here and not at the party. I wondered why she said that it is boring knowing that the man she was dancing with may probably be still there. Since I don't know what to do, I offered her the food that I am eating but eventually realized that she may not be used to it. I was shocked again when she grab my chopsticks and ate. Her two cousins did the same to the food of my two friends as well. I ended up buying another set of noodles and drinks. While eating, I received a call from my best friend Somi. I am actually enjoying talking to her when someone nudge me and saw that it was Dahyun. I wondered why she did that but when she pointed her finger, I saw that Ms. Myoui is staring at me and that she looks like she was mad at something. I felt nervous that's why I ended the call and put down my phone. And I almost curse my best friend Tzuyu when she mentioned about me and Somi and her vow. 

What made us wonder is our CEO's reaction upon hearing it. She just stood up from her seat and clarify what she just heard from Tzuyu. What the f**k? What's her problem with that?!