Monster (angst)

Song: advice - Alex G

There's no telling how long it's been. Negan came and fucked everything up. He killed your dad and Glenn, he took Daryl. And when he saw how angry you were, he took you too. Just for fun. He ripped you right from the ground, and nobody could do anything about it. Not even your boyfriend, who was absolutely fearless. He had a gun to the back of his head and no choice. He forced himself to let them take you.

And now there's no telling how long it's been. Time was so futile, one minute or one hour, you couldn't tell the difference. At first it wasn't so bad. You were just sitting in the dark in a small room. Negan's wives would come visit you, mostly Sherry. She kept you company, by playing cards, tic tac toe, or just talking to you. But when Negan found out, all hell broke loose.

He had his men rip you from the floor and take you to a slightly bigger room. He bound your wrists and strung you up as you screamed in fury while he just laughed. You screamed for hours after he left, until the taste of blood overwhelmed your mouth and you couldn't even let out a whisper.

Negan had you hanging by chains attached to ropes wrapped around each of your wrists, the chains connected to hooks in the back corners of the tiny square room. You could touch the ground only with the balls of your feet. There were no windows or lights and the only time you saw light was the few milliseconds the door would be open for someone to come in and give you hell.

The would cut into you, hit you, kick you, yank you, yell at you. Anything they could to make your condition worse, if that was even possible.

Your clothes were caked in dried blood, sweat and tears. Your hair was greasy and you could barely feel your arms anymore. Your feet were aching and your wrists were raw.

"What's the goal here Negan? If you wanna kill me kill me. If you want information, kill me. If you want me to join you, kill me." Your breath sounding more like dry heaving.

"Well! That was a lovely speech! But I'm not gonna kill you just yet. I need to get you as worse off as I can. And when your almost dead, I'll drop you off on Rick's doorstep and have that boyfriend of yours finish the job himself."

That hit you harder than any punch, struck you harder than any kick, and cut you deeper and than any blade. You felt like what little breath you had was forced right out of your lungs.

A terrifying smile crossed Negan's face. "Oh that shut your smart ass mouth up. You see, I'm not stupid. I know that whatever we do isn't gonna break you. You're a tough cookie. But Carl, you'd do anything for him. And you have no idea how excited I am to see you broken in front of him, begging to die."

"You're a monster."

"That's what they say."

Suddenly he's interrupted by gunshots from outside.

"Well I gotta deal with this! I'll send someone in to take over."

He leaves the room, slamming the metal door just to be an asshole.

After what feels like forever, another man comes in. "Well you look like hell."

You stay silent, trying to keep breathing. After what Negan said, you wanted to die. Your head hung low and your mood lower.

"What no snarky remark?"

Still you stayed silent.

"You're not dead are you?" He walks over to you and lifts your head up by your hair. "So you're not dead, but you're not talking. What's going on."

"Just do it." You say barely above a whisper.

"What?"

"Just fucking kill me."

He laughs at first but then pauses. "You're serious? I'm not gonna kill a kid."

"Please, I'm gonna die either way. And if you don't kill me now Negan is going to make someone I love do it. So you can end everything now, or you can prolong it, and break someone else in the process."

"I-I." He's interrupted by the crackling of a walkie talkie. "Hey brad I'm gonna need you at post 4 right about now."

"But you told me-"

"And now I'm telling you to leave." Negan's unmistakable voice demands from the other end of the walkie talkie.

The man leaves the room, ignoring your request.

————————————————————————

"Where is she?" Carl angrily asks Negan.

"Woah Woah not so fast kid! I gotta give you the grand tour first!"

Negan showed Carl around the sanctuary for about an hour before tormenting him in his office for a while.

"Come on kid!" He gets up. "I gotta show you something!"

He gets up and opens the door, directing Carl to follow him out of it.

Carl gets up and leaves the room with Negan.

When they get to the cells Negan stops in front of one specific door. Carl tries to open his mouth but Negan shuts it down quickly.

"Uh uh no guessing. It's a surprise."

He opens the door. "Look familiar?"

Carl gets a full view of you. He's stunned. Your tank top and jeans were covered in dried blood and dirt. Your collarbones were bleeding and your head was hung low, your face obscured by your hair.

You lift up your head seeing the love of your life nearly breaking at the sight of you. You take in a hard, labored breath. Shock fills your entire body. You were happy to see him but at the same time you hated that he had to see you in this condition.

Carl goes to walk toward you but Negan stops you by holding his bat in front of him. "Nope."

He walks up to you, his face inches from yours. You start to tremble, turning your head away from in him in fear.

"Ohhhhh, so now you care? Just a few hours ago you were begging to die. And now you care?! Are you kidding me?! I've been treating you like a witch in Salem! Stringing you up like Jesus on the cross and you're telling me the one thing I had to do to break you, was bring him in here? Are you serious?!" He was practically yelling in your face at this point.

He swiftly pulls out his knife, this had you terrified. Did you unintentionally make him made enough to kill you? You thought so. But instead of cutting your throat and letting you bleed out, he slices the ropes keeping you upright.

You fall to the ground, your palms smacking the concrete floor and stinging your hands.

Negan grabs you by the back of your neck and forces you to your feet, shoving you towards Carl. He immediately catches you and squeezes you tight. You wrap your nearly numb arms around him and bury your head into his shoulder, crying like a child.

He rubs your back as he holds you as tightly as he can. "Shhhhh it's gonna be ok. I promise, I'm gonna get you home and safe, I promise."

You nod vigorously, not taking your head away from his shoulder.

"Shhhhh, you're gonna be ok."

A/N: add a little bit of trauma

1233 words
<3