⁰²³ TEXT ME BACK!

CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE

TEXT ME BACK!

WARNINGS: college partying, marijuana use

"I can't believe you're going to college now!" Hayami exclaimed, starting to tear up. She gave Luma a big hug as they stood next to their truck, packed with the necessities for college.

"Mom, stop," Luma said, embarrassed that their mom was always like this during events like these. "I can't help it! My dear child heading off to college. Of course I'm gonna cry!" She sobbed, pulling them tighter into the hug.

Luma patted their mom's shoulder before pulling away. "Okay, mom I really actually have to get going now if I wanna make it in time to settle in."

Hayami nodded, holding her kid's face. "I love you, Luma. Let me take one picture before you go, please?" "No mom. Please," Luma pleaded, hating getting their pictures taken due to their self-consciousness.

"Luma!" She snapped, holding her phone up. Luma rolled their eyes, plastering on a smile. Hayami's lips curved into her signature smile, snapping a few photos of Luma.

"Okay, okay, you can go now. I love you, Luma," she said, hugging Luma one last time. "I love you too, mom." Luma opened the door to their truck, pressing the button to start it.

Hayami watched as Luma backed out of the driveway and headed down their quiet road. They paused for a second to look back. Of course they did. They were leaving the only house they'd ever known. Their grandparents home. They knew the second they stepped out the door that they'd already miss it.

Luma arrived at Teyvat University within two and a half hours. It wasn't too far from Cecilia Academy compared to other colleges and was actually the college most students who attended Cecilia Academy went to after they graduated.

Like Cecilia Academy, Teyvat University was very flexible and provided comfort the students, allowing them to express themselves however they wanted to without breaking any laws. So, the students were able to pick their roommates.

This was a hard decision for Luma. They could only have up to three other people other than them. Beidou and Ningguang agreed it'd be best for them to have their own dorm, given they were a couple.

In the end, Lisa, Hu Tao, Luma, and Shinobu were roommates. They feared they'd be paired with someone that they weren't familiar with and it would definitely worry Luma. While Shinobu wasn't completely in the friend group - only being friends with Itto - she was still someone familiar with the three.