⁰⁰⁵ AFTER SCHOOL HANGOUTS

CHAPTER FIVE

CHAPTER FIVE

AFTER SCHOOL HANGOUTS

"You're sure you can get to school all right, Luma?" Hayami asked, seeing Luma already out the door. "Yes, I'm sure!" They called out, shutting the door behind them.

"Hey Hu Tao," Luma greeted their neighbor, who ran up to them. "Heyy Lumi, how's it goin'?" She asked, readjusting her book bag on her shoulder.

"It's good," Luma replied, nodding slightly. "Are you being genuine or is it because you get to see Kunikuzushi again?" She giggled, making Luma lower their head in embarrassment.

"Aw, you're so cute when you're flustered, Lumi. You must really be in love," she cooed, happy for her friend feeling joy and butterflies in their stomach.

"I...I guess, maybe." They shrugged, trying to play it off casually. Hu Tao gave them a look. "Don't act like you don't think about him all the time or go through his instagram just to look at him."

"I don't! Dear god," Luma groaned, rubbing their forehead as Hu Tao giggled again. "Maybe you're the one with tsundere vibes, Lumi," she said, smiling sweetly.

"Do I look like Osana to you?" Luma asked, squinting their eyes at her and mentioning the character from the famous Yandere Simulator game. "Osana—"

Hu Tao burst out laughing again. Luma couldn't help but laugh too. "Speaking of, have you and Xiao decided when your study date's gonna be?" "It's not a date. It's to bring my grade up before I finish the class so I can graduate."

"Okay...but it's still cute," she mentioned. Luma deadpanned at her. "What? You guys seem like a good couple, that's all." Luma's eyes widened, lowering their head again.

"Next to you and Kunikuzushi," she added, making butterflies form in Luma's stomach.

They smiled to themselves as they continued walking to school.

The two continued talking about the recent gossip — which was Itto accidentally making something explode (again) in the Chemistry room. He tried acting like he didn't care but got a scolding by Shinobu.

"Itto is so iconic," Luma stated, praising their friend. Hu Tao chuckled, "he's definitely something."

"Do we have enough time to head to the gas station? I wanna get a Monster before class," Luma asked, pointing their thumb in the direction of the gas station.

"Yeah if you wanna be late," she said. Luma frowned, contemplating it. "Lumi no. You already have enough absences." Hu Tao tried grabbing their arm. "Those were mental health breaks! Getting a Monster will improve my mental health for today."