𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞 𝖔𝖓𝖊

a couple of weeks later

so... i've been thinking

you've been thinking

can i come to slovenia please
i really really miss u and i'm really really upset that i haven't seen u in ages

it's been a couple of weeks
but yes of course u can

when

whenever

okay so what if i was at the airport rn and i already got a flight ticket
imagine if u would've said no

oh actually... i'm busy today

STOP R U KIDDING IM GONNA BE STRANDED IN LJUBLJANA

IM JOKING

I HATE U WHY WOULD U DO THAT I ALMOST CRIED IN THE MIDDLE OF THE AIRPORT

i'm sorry ily

u better be.
be at the airport in 4 hours pls and thanks

will do
see u later darling

love u

love u more

i smile at my phone and switch it to airplane mode

i smile at my phone and switch it to airplane mode. with the plan to catch some sleep during the flight, i hope to sleep off all the grumpiness so i'm fine when i see bojan. unfortunately, my attempt backfires, leaving me even more groggy upon waking up. i let out a sigh and head over to the security checkpoint and then make my way to the baggage claim.

as soon as i step out of the airport, my eyes catch sight of bojan eagerly waiting for me. filled with excitement, i sprint towards him and envelop him in a warm, tight hug, expressing my heartfelt greetings.

"hiii!" i exclaim, still holding on tightly to the hug.
"you're crushing me," he chuckles, his voice filled with amusement.
"oops, my apologies. i missed you so much," i respond.
"i've missed you even more," he replies, planting a tender kiss on my forehead. "jan and jure are already in the car. we're heading home, and we thought it would be fun to have a game night. are you up for it?"
"i'm always up for a game night," i reply with enthusiasm, happily trailing behind him as we make our way to the car.

i enlist bojan's assistance in hoisting my slightly heavy bag into the car, contemplating whether the overpacking is a subtle indication that i should extend my stay. once we're settled in the back seats, i mischievously snatch the aux cord from jan and plug in my phone, quickly shuffling through my playlist. as the familiar melody of "you belong with me" by taylor swift fills the air, i turn towards bojan, a broad smile illuminating my face.

"amelia, you're so loud," jan interrupts, turning his head to address me.
"jan. don't be so rude," i retort, bursting into laughter.
"how was your flight?" bojan turns to me and asks.
"i slept through the entire journey," i respond, grinning.
"well, that doesn't come as a surprise," he adds playfully, a hint of amusement in his voice.

for the remainder of the journey, o lean my head against bojan's shoulder, finding comfort in his presence. upon our arrival at the joker out house, kris and nace warmly welcome me with open arms. i embrace them both tightly before we make our way inside. as i take in the surroundings, a sense of contentment washes over me, knowing that this will be my home for the next couple of weeks. bojan told me i could still stay here while they're doing shows, which is a delightful change from my usual life in the uk.

as we settle around the table, i glance at the collection of games laid out before us: monopoly, uno, and the game of life. a chuckle escapes me as i remember my terrible attempts at uno, fully aware that victory is unlikely. taking a seat between kris and bojan, we decide to kick off the game night with monopoly.

during the monopoly game, jan goes bankrupt. frustrated, he slams his hands on the table, prompting laughter from all of us. despite him knocking over some items, we continue playing, eagerly determined to reach the game's conclusion. as the game nears its end, we tally our final amounts of money, only to discover that nace emerges as the winner. applauding him, we move on to the next game: uno.

"i'm going to win, just so you all know," i confidently announce.
"amelia, please, you're known for being terrible at uno," bojan teases.
"are you bullying me?" i playfully threaten. "because i can always break up with you."
jure interjects, adding to the banter, "oh, amelia, we all know you're head over heels in love with him. you wouldn't dare break up with him."
"watch and learn, my uno skills are unmatched. consider yourselves warned," i add, determined to prove them wrong.

with disappointment, i find myself losing the first uno game, followed by the second and third. however, determined to win, i manage to persuade everyone to play one final game for good luck. miraculously, i emerge as the unexpected winner. overwhelmed with joy, i leap from my seat, cheering loudly. the rest of the group remains in a state of astonishment, temporarily unable to process the surprising turn of events.

we retrieve the game of life board and commence another round of gameplay. as the game progresses, tiredness begins to take its toll on me, yet i push through, determined to participate. in the end, jure emerges as the winner, and i swiftly offer my congratulations, already yearning for some much-needed sleep. turning to bojan, without uttering a word, he understands my tiredness and shows me to his bedroom, where i can finally go to bed. he tells me he's going downstairs to say goodnight to the boys and whilst he does that i get changed into my pyjamas.

upon returning upstairs, bojan discovers me cozily tucked into the blankets and chuckles in response. k playfully feign a sad expression, getting a smile from him. he joins me, lying down beside me, embracing the peace of the moment.

"did you know we have a show tomorrow?" bojan asks.
"yeah, i was hoping i could come," i respond.
"of course you can. we can adjust the schedule and you can perform if you want," he suggests.
"yeah, but maybe just a few songs? i'm not really in the mood for a whole set," i express to him.
"that's perfectly fine," he says with a smile. as we settle in for the night, i switch off the light and turn to face him.
"im going to bed now. i'll see you in the morning. love you," i say, planting a kiss on his lips.
"love you more," he replies, switching off his own light.

A/N

i'm genuinely so so sorry for the slow updates i've just been so busy 😭 in my opinion this is a really cute chapter and amelia is the uno queen even though she never wins LMAOOOO i'm free all day tomorrow so i'm gonna try to write