Chapter 10 || I still think I'd pick you.

Blake wasn't sure she liked the idea of her father going off to a meeting with the governor without her. Sure it was him and Rick and Hershel and they could definitely handle themselves. Plus she knew they needed as many people defending the prison if this was all just a big diversion but it didn't mean she had to like it. They had just gotten back on good terms with one another and she would hate to have to kill him for getting himself killed. But she didn't really get a choice in the matter. She was told to stay put and make sure everything was handled at the prison while they go to this meeting.

Rick was back in charge it seemed, handling himself a little better, not wandering off all the time. And he said she had to stay, her dad had agreed, glancing Merle's way a couple of times and she got the message. If the oldest Dixon was staying at the prison, which was necessary otherwise there would be an all out war, one of them had to stay back and keep an eye on him so he doesn't cause too much trouble. Blake was deemed the woman for the job because her dad refused to let her anywhere close to the governor and his men.

So that is why she was currently sorting through ammo and guns with the rest of the group. Merle was being as unhelpful as ever, lingering in the doorway and watching them all work. Rick, Michonne, and Carl had gone out on a run for guns and came back with quite the stash. They also brought back a crib for little Judith and Beth was excited watching Blake and Carl set it up the night before.

"Carl, come here." Glenn ordered as he picked up a couple of boxes of ammo. "You stash these at the loading dock. Alright? Beth put more up on the catwalk." They both took the boxes handed to them. "If anyone gets pinned down we need to make sure they have plenty of ammo. I'll go work on the cage outside."

Blake nodded along as she took apart one of the glocks making sure it was in good working condition. Glenn had been doing better over the last few days, having Rick back in charge took away his thirst for revenge it seemed and Blake was thankful. Him and Maggie were still avoiding actually talking to one another but Glenn getting out of his revenge phase seemed to be helping a little.

"What we should be doing is loading some of this fire power in a truck and paying a visit to the Governor. We know where he is right now." Merle chimed up, stopping Glenn in his tracks. Blake peaked up stopping her work on the gun at her uncle's voice. Beth squeezed Blake's arm as she passed to go put the ammo where she had been told but Blake was too focused on preventing her uncle from starting a fight.

"Are you suggesting that we just go in and kill him?" Glenn asked in disbelief.

"Yeah I am." Merle answered immediately with a small shrug.

"We told Rick and Daryl that we'd stay put," Michonne said.

"I changed my mind sweetheart. Being on the sideline with my brother out there ain't sitting right with me."

"It's my dad, and Carl's, and Beth and Maggie's. It ain't your call to make, so make yourself useful and help us out." Blake interrupted, not really in the mood for Merle's nonsensical arguing.

"The three of them are right in the middle of it. No idea we are coming they could get taken hostage or killed. A thousand things could go wrong." Glenn added before turning to go out the door.

"And they will." Merle tried and Blake clenched her jaw.

"My dad can take care of himself." Carl told him sending a scowl Merle's way that had Blake fighting off a grin.

"Sorry son, but your dad's head could be on a pike real soon," Merle shot back nonchalantly. But Carl ignored him, opting to continue out to the loading dock. Glenn shot Merle a look but followed him outside.

"You should really learn to shut your trap," Blake said as she returned to the gun in front of her.

"I'm just saying it how it is," he told her with a shrug.