Chapter 4 || We'll take care of it, I promise.

The next few days Blake got put to work. She was getting up early, not really being able to sleep in the first place, in order to avoid everyone. She had been successful for the most part, her dad had gotten up with her and joined her outside without a word. They sat watching the sun rise and he filled her in on everything that she had missed. Hershel was going to be okay, Blake had known that old man was impossible to kill, and the prisoners were given a cell block. Well the two prisoners that remained. Blake also knew that that leader guy was a psycho who couldn't have been trusted.

They had spent a few days cleaning up the cell block, making it more livable. Blake had also been avoiding the Greene's like the plague, she was sure Hershel had been filled in on what went down with her and Beth and she couldn't bring herself to look the man in the eyes. But it was getting harder and harder to avoid them all in the prison. Luckily for her they had run out of stuff to do inside, and that led to her being down moving vehicles with Rick, T, Carol, and her dad.

"Okay, let's get the other car in. We'll park 'em in the west entry of the yard." Rick said as they parked both of the trucks.

"Good, our vehicles camped out there look like a giant 'vacancy' sign." Her dad chimed in.

"After that, we need to load up these corpses so we can burn 'em." Rick gestured to the bodies lying everywhere in the yard. Blake squinted as she looked out at the dead bodies, it was going to be a long day that's for sure.

"Gonna be a long day." T said, speaking what Blake was thinking.

"Where's Glenn and Maggie? We could use some help." Carol asked from beside Blake.

"Up in the guard tower." Her dad answered pointing to the tower.

"Guard tower? They were just up there last night." Rick said in disbelief, Blake rolled her eyes knowing exactly what the two were up to. Apparently now that Hershel was out of the woods and on the mend they were taking advantage of the privacy.

"Glenn! Maggie!" Her dad called out. It took a second but the door popped open revealing a shirtless Glenn who was trying to button up his pants.

"Hey, what's up, guys?" He asked, trying to play it cool. Blake rolled her eyes at the man but couldn't help the little grin that stretched on her face.

"You coming?" Her dad yelled back. Glenn's face morphed into one of confusion at the question.

"What?" He asked, still struggling with his belt. Everyone let out a chuckle and Blake just watched amused.

"You comin'?" Her dad asked again. Glenn seemed to look into the guard tower where Blake could see Maggie's shadow for help. "Come on, we could use a hand." Her dad ended, waving his arm to get them to come down.

"Yeah, we'll be right down." Glenn told them, Blake chuckled but turned to get back to work with the rest of the crew. She was following behind her dad as him, Carol, and Rick continued to joke about Glenn and Maggie when T-dog called out.

"Hey, Rick." He said, gaining their attention. They turned and the smile immediately fell from Rick's face at the sight of the prisoners' heads peeking over the hill.

"Come with me," Rick ordered as he stormed up towards the two. Blake followed behind him, hand resting on her machete.

"That's close enough." Rick told the two as they got closer. "We had an agreement."

"Please, mister. We know that. We made a deal. But you've gotta understand we can't live in that place another minute. You follow me? All the bodies– people we knew. Blood, brains everywhere. There's ghosts." The short mousy white dude pleaded. Maggie and Glenn came down from the tower and joined them standing just off to the side and behind the two prisoners.