Chapter 5 || Can't say I'm glad to see my asshole uncle.

Blake watched as her dad tried to talk to Rick who was swaying as he sat on his knees. The baby hadn't quit crying since they had walked outside and Blake was using the sound to try and focus. She still felt sick but she felt more steady as she watched Carl take the baby from Maggie.

"Let me see the baby." Hershel called and Blake shook herself free and she stalked over to make sure Carl got the baby to Hershel. She knew it was a few steps and he would most likely be fine but if she stood still any longer she might implode.

"What are we gonna feed it?" Her dad asked as they headed back towards Hershel. "We got anything a baby can eat?" Hershel looked the baby over before answering her dad.

"The good news is she looks healthy. But she needs formula. And soon, or she won't survive." Blake looked at the man eyes wide, she hadn't even thought to check what the sex of the kid was. She was too ready to get the baby out of her hands.

"No. No way. Not her. We ain't losing nobody else. I'm going for a run." Her dad said with a shake of his head. Blake nodded and perked up.

"I'll back you up." Maggie offered.

"I'll go too." Glenn agreed.

"Count me in." Blake chimed in, voice still hoarse. Her dad eyed her but didn't disagree; he knew she needed to do something or she'd go nuts.

"Okay, think where we're going. Beth." Her dad called Beth off to the side, they whispered to each other and Blake felt them glance over at her momentarily but she ignored it, opting to try and scratch some of the blood that was flaking from her arms.

"You two get the fence. Too many pile up, we got ourselves a problem." Her dad ordered looking at the prisoners who nodded. "Glenn, Maggie, vámonos."

But then Rick was standing and storming off into the prison. Maggie called out to him but he ignored her picking up the ax he had dropped earlier.

"Get the gate. Come on, we're gonna lose the light." Her dad called snapping everyone out of their stand still. Blake turned to jog after him as Maggie and Glenn followed her.

"There's a Piggly Wiggly on 85," Glenn offered as they got to the car.

"No, the baby section's been cleared. Lori asked me to keep an eye out. I haven't had much luck," Maggie told them.

"Is there any place that hasn't been completely looted?" Her dad asked, Blake kept quiet swinging her crossbow from her back so she could slide in the car.

"We saw signs for a shopping center just north of here." Glenn chimed in as Maggie threw her stuff into the car.

"Yeah, but there's too much debris on the road. The car will never get through there." Maggie told him with a shake of her head.

"I can take one of you." Her dad said, looking at them all.

"I'll go." Maggie offered quickly, Blake and Glenn shook their heads at the same time.

"No, Maggie, after everything that you've been through, okay, I'll go." Glenn told her, Blake was about to chime in about how she was the best option because it was her dad and the bike and they would be quicker but Maggie shut them both down.

"I want to go. For Lori, I have to," Maggie said.

"Naw I need to-" Blake tried but Maggie cut her off stepping forward and grabbing Blake's shoulders.

"You did enough Blake. It's okay, it's my turn. I'm sorry," Maggie cut her off. Blake knew she was apologizing not for going on the run but making Blake cut into Lori to deliver the baby.