chapter 21

Aditya's pov:

I am standing at my balcony looking particularly at nothing. My mind was full of thought. I was feeling restless as if something is stabbing my heart.

Her words were ringing around my ears. No, he's a stranger.

It would have hurt less if she would have just been angry on me but her ignorance killed me from within.

I didn't came in front of same after that day. Honestly speaking I am scared that if she ignores me once more I might not be able to tolerate.

I followed her. I came to know about her clinics and how she stays with two of her friends. Her father expired  around 5 years back after which all the responsibilities were on her shoulder. She not only studied but also did part time jobs to look after her mom and sister.

As much as I feel proud of her, I also feel ashamed of my own self. These many years my Sam has suffered so much and I was not even their for her.

She loved me so purely with all her heart. She showed me her love care affection. She was always there for me but I couldn't stand beside her.

I couldn't even tell her once that I loved her even before she loved me.

How could I forget how I fell in love with my Sammy. I smiled remembering that day.

Flashback:

It was raining heavily and I didn't brought a umbrella and I was getting drenched in middle of the road not having a place around to take shelter . That's when I saw  someone came  running towards me. The face wasn't visible properly.

The person came near me and and I suddenly saw the most angelic view in this world.

It was Sam but she was not looking like she did to me always. She wore a top and long skirt with jhumkas and a bit of kajal. Her face was glowing like a star and her hairs looked like sea waves. Her eyes were as deep as ocean. And her lips are plumpy and red as cherry.

In my friendship of many years, I realised how mesmerizing she is. I guess I like her.

"Are u okay Adi?" Sammy asked pulling me our of the trance. I nodded.

"If u didn't have umbrella, u could have just called me stupid . Why are getting drenched ? U will catch cold" She asked with concern.

" I guess today It was meant to be like that"

Flashback ends.

I remember since that day I started to develop feelings for her which became intense day by day. Only if I knew then we couldn't be together.

A silent drop of tear fell down my eyes. I wish I had the courage that day to fight for u. I wish I would have not listen to my mom's word.

I wish I had the courage to fight against the society that has made the so called norm that a Hindu boy cannot fall for a muslim girl.

Yes! Sam aka Samaira Qureshi is a muslim girl. Do that matter to me ever? NO NEVER. I loved her salways with all my heart . For me she's my Sammy, only mine

But did it matter to the society? I smiled in pain. I wish that I could fight.

Flashback starts:-