13: Western Bar

The two-toned Ford Ranger pulled into the parking lot of a western themed bar. Bradley's Ford Bronco, Reuben's Camaro, and Javy's Thunderbird were all in the lot already. Hennessey pulled up next to the Camaro and cut the ignition. The two women stepped out once the Ranger, looking for any sight of their friends outside. Besides them, no one was out in the parking lot.

"You ready to dance the night away?" Evelyn asked, wrapping her arm around Hennssey's shoulders.

"Of course. I've been missing this for forever," Hennessey replied.

It was the truth, she had missed going to western bars and dancing for hours on end. The last time she had been able to was when she was stationed in Meridian, Mississippi and that was a long while ago.

The two walked in the sounds of country music, laughter, and aluminum cans clinking together filled the girls' ears. Hennessey scared the crowds, looking for any of their friends. In the far corner, Javy, Reuben, Natasha, and Rebecca stood at a table filled with drinks. To her surprise, Bob was nowhere to be found. Hennessey pointed and the two made their way over.

《~~○~~》

Penny and Maverick pulled up to Penny's house. Penny got off the bike and walked to her front door. Maverick watched her as Penny left the front door open behind her.

《~~○~~》

"You guys on duty for watching drinks?" Evelyn asked sarcastically. Javy nodded.

"Bob out on the dance floor?" Natasha and Rebecca nodded.

"Wow, honestly I wasn't expecting that," Hennessey mumbled.

'Kick The Dust Up' by Luke Bryant started playing. Hennessey set her purse on the table and quickly ran to the dance floor, adjusting her cowboy hat slightly. The group at the table started laughing, Natasha running after her to join in.

Everyone gave each other room and started stomping their feet. The line dance was starting. Hennessey saw Mickey and Brandie get off the dance floor and back to the table. She could see Bradley and Jake a few feet away.

"If you really wanna see the beautiful people, we go out where there ain't nobody!" Hennssey sang along, clacking her boots against the hard wood floor.

"Go Henne! Go Nat! Fuck it up!" Evelyn cheered. Mickey watched as Hennessey line danced. Henne smiled at Evelyn's antics and playfully rolled her eyes.

The song eventually ended and most of the group joined the table once more. 'Fake I.D' by Big & Rich started playing. Bob and Natasha exited the dance floor, rekindling with their friends. Jake, Bradley, Bradie, and Henessey ended up being the only ones from the group still on the dance floor. A few other people joined the three, but otherwise not very many people were actually on the dance floor.

《~~○~~》

The group spent hours at the western bar, taking turns dancing and drinking. At one point, Bradley and Brandie danced to a song called 'Footloose' as that was a popular song growing up in their hometown.

Brandie, Hennssey, Rebecca, Bradley, Jake, and Javy were currently doing a swing dance that the others didn't know. In fact, they assumed not really anyone else knew it because only two other people were participating in the dance.

Mickey leaned against the table, sipping on his glass of whiskey. His eyes never leaving Hennessey as she danced with Javy. The two dancers must've been talking because Mickey could see Hennessey nod at something Javy had said.