I nodded and i felt her begin to heal my wounds but i kept feeling worse and worse, she kept picking up where i felt short, maybe she's my replacement for a reason. I felt bad that she kept having to save me. She finished and I stared at her eyes guilt painting my face, "Im sorry-"

"Are you powerless without your staff?" She asked quickly and nervously.

"What?"I asked, i was stucken, i mean yea today wasn't the best demonstration of my skills but it couldn't be that obvious.

"I just..." She paused and she fully sat down, "You didn't use the fire spell when it easily could've helped you."

I looked offended, partly because I was, "Because it could've burned me and him, and he easily could've made another one.

She shook her head, "Not if you burned him, he would've dropped you, but you didn't. On top of that I've never seen you use magic that isn't in your staff, you either use hand to hand combat or your staff.... and when i was fighting the human she mentioned something about it," She admitted, she played with the brown gloves on her hands as I felt myself getting defensive.

The human again?? Will that ever stop biting me in the ass?

I rolled my eyes, "I have no idea what you're talking about." Ah yes, gas lighting at its finest, not only am I a powerless witch, i'm also a dick on top of it. Awesome.

Before she could respond coven scouts came and took them away, before she could ask anymore questions I hopped on my staff and began to fly away. I looked at her and her eyebrows were furrowed but she wasn't mad, I didn't know what she was feeling.

Why did she need to know? Was she just going to rub it in? Would she hang it over my head that im less than she is because she can actually cast spells? Will she use it to her advantage to get Belos approval, I didn't really know her that well she could betray me without a second thought. Even if she seems nice, the first thing i learned from Belos is to trust no one but him. I felt the pit growing. If she knew then i would appear useless too, what if she began to underestamate me? Would she pity me? What if-

"Ah!" I yelped as i crashed into a tree, I groaned and held my face as I plummeted down, re stabling myself before i Hit the ground. I took off my mask and felt the blood trickle down my face. Titian I felt like Feyre in A Court of Wings and Ruin when she first got her wings.

"Titian Hunter are you okay?!" I heard a familiar voice behind me and i groaned softly, holding onto my throbbing headache.

I turned around and scowled at her, "Titian you dont know when to quit do you! Fine! Yea, Im a powerless witch happy?! I was born without a bisle sack and I have had to work twice as hard as everyone and you-!" I was about to mention the fact that she was more able then me and I was stuck being with my walking replacement but I wouldn't give her that satisfaction, "only to be stuck doing missions with you after failing a mission!" I grabbed my head and hissed in pain when i finally realized the face and what emotion was on her, pity.

Fucking pity.

I shook my head as she said nothing, worrying and angering me further, "And maybe that makes me half a witch but i worked hard to get where i am now and im more powerful and skilled then half the witches on the Boiling Isles, bile sack or not! And i wont have someone like you Pitting-"

"I believe you."

I turned and my anger and frustration at myself subsided as she continued, "I believe that you've worked harder then everyone else, and i think that makes it count when i say I also dont think you're half a witch because of it. Ive seen your skills Hunter, and I dont doubt it. I need to know because if were to do more missions together i need to know if you need help if theres an ice shard against your throat," She then seemed to fidget, "or that you easily could've handled the basilisk because your staff uses artificial magic, and they dont feed on it. I needed to know for the mission, and missions ahead, but i believe everything you're saying." Then without anger clouding my mind i noticed it wasn't pity that was on her face, it was almost compassion but not quite. I was back on square one of not knowing what she was feeling.

I nodded, hating the feeling of my blood coming down from my forehead. I think that was probably the nicest thing anyone had ever said to me, pitty or not, "Yea, yea you're right. Im..." I swallowed my pride as she walked closer to me, "Im sorry."

She nodded again, "Apology accepted, If were to go on more missions together were gonna... Have.." She seemed to swallow her own pride, "to work together.. and that also means on my part healing you. Think of it as an official.. I dunno, sealant of partnership?" She laughed softly, "Titian that sounded lame."

I half appreciated her humor and I nodded, I walked up to y/n, and she used a spell circle to heal the head wound, she sat me down in the red grass, a soft breeze sweeping the air, blowing her hair softly as she began to heal the injury on my head. The afternoon sun highlighted her features, she almost looked like one of the paintings in the castle.

She was actually... kind of beautiful, how did i never notice that..?