"Je parie qu'elle est sa petite amie" she says making me choke on literal air as I shake my head. ( I bet she is his girlfriend)

Ha, Never gonna happen. Never in a million years am I going to-

Please, you're talking as if shes toxin. She isn't that bad Louis, you know that

Yeah, she isn't but grincheuse and I are just not-

She got you ice cream

Holy shit, you're right. She's totally into m-

"Louis?"

"Uh" I look around to see everyone waiting for the introduction.

"Right, this is Ms. hayes, my-"

"Maya, I'm comfortable with Maya" she speaks up from beside me with a small smile and mama launches onto her all of a sudden, giving her a hug. 

Friendliest French you will ever meet.

I see Maya get a taken back for a minute before she brings up her hand to my mom's back, tightening the hug with a distant look in her eyes.

Do you think she's alright Rocky?

I'm not sure

"It is lovely to meet you" my mom says, her voice thick with accent, pulling away first and taking Maya out of her trance.

"Sa copine est timide" Dove says from beside me with a small chuckle, her arms entangled in mine. (His girlfriend is shy)

Maya's eyes snap onto mine and I gulp my throat dry. She didn't understand that right?

She doesn't understand French you dumb fuck.

"Ce n'est pas ma petite amie, This is my boss" (She isn't my girlfriend) I finally get a chance to clear their doubts.

"So... future petite amie" this time it's my dad who speaks up from the couch and I roll my eyes. Just great. I knew they were going to do this. (future girlfriend)

Maya Hayes' POV:

"Is the food alright?" Louis's mom asks and I nod with a small smile.

"Everything is... perfect" I tell her and indeed it was true.

We had been here for a little over an hour now and I watched silently as they met each other, laughing at inside jokes now and then while everyone teased Dubois about something in French.

His mom had set up the dinner table and we all sat with me sitting in front of Louis and his mom.

They talked throughout the evening, gossiping and chattering about something back and forth with his dad included.

Is this what it feels like? What love feels like? What having stable figures feels like?

I know it was wrong of me to feel this way but I was jealous. I am jealous.

Seeing him lean onto his mother's shoulder and her kissing his forehead with a smile as his dad smacks his head with a playful laugh. He seemed happy. They seemed happy.

I don't remember the touch of my own mother. It seemed to have gotten distant by the day to the point of me barely remembering what she looked like if not for the pictures.

Back when my father was my dad. Back when my mom was still alive. And back when I felt alive.

"I'm sorry, Can I know where the restroom is?" I ask suddenly and Louis gets up.

"Let me show you" he says and I nod, following him through the halls.

"Are you alright?" He suddenly asks, stopping at the end of a hallway and I nod, scratching the skin off my fingers.

"Why wouldn't I be?" I ask with a small chuckle and he shakes his head.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have asked you to come, it's a burden and you're probably feeling out of place" he rambles on, not giving me a chance to speak up.

"And I know you hate physical touch and my mom keeps hugging you every 5 minutes which I can tell makes you feel uncomfortable"

"It doesn't" I blurt out. "I like it. It feels... warm?" I couldn't quite put a name on it but her hugs remind me of home. My mom.

"The restroom" he moves aside, revealing the door and I thanks him.

"Do you want me to wait for you?" He asks and I shake my head no.

"You should spend time with your family" I say, the sentence feeling foreign on my tongue. Miles and Mason.

I shut the door behind me and sigh.

Maybe it's time I made some amends.

A/N:

Oh My God AHHHH I can't believe it's happening so quick but we are almost about to hit 100k on Be My Valentine? I'm beyond grateful for each and everyone of you and I honestly can't put my happiness into words.

I would love to hear your thoughts on the chapters and the book so far so please don't be afraid to comment or dm me. As I mentioned multiple times before; constructive criticism is always loved and welcomed by me so don't hesitate to leave me a text.

I also need some good Mafia book recs right now so do leave your favs!

If you want to post anything on TikTok or wherever about be my valentine? please tag me:

Justabrownie.e on Instagram and TikTok
&
Justabrownie_e on Twitter

Follow my socials to get more sneak peaks of future projects and chapters!

Here are some questions for you to answer like always xx

PREDICTIONS FOR THE FUTURE CHAPTERS <<

FAVORITE CHARACTER(s) <<

YOUR CURRENT READS (physical or wattpad books) <<

And finally, question of the week: If you were guaranteed the answer to one question, what would it be? <<